Old school rasslin memories

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Something about this "Texas Red" guy seems familiar...;)

And "Percy Pringle"? <in creepy, high pitched voice> "Oooh yeeeeessssss"

For those who don't know this was his "debut" match.

Bruiser Brody was tough .....lol

35 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Bruiser Brody was tough .....lol

And he was, unfortunately, murdered in Puerto Rico.

Al Snow tells a story about how he was supposed to be in a "handicap" match. He and his partner against Bruiser Brody. Al went to him before the match and asked Bruiser not to hit him in the head, because a different opponent temporarily blinded him in one eye in a match a few days earlier.

Anyway, he said Bruiser never touched his head. He'd hit him everywhere else, but he obliged Al Snow and never touched his head. As for Al's partner in the match, apparently at one point Bruiser had Al by the hair and kicked Al's partner in the head. The guy didn't fall, and Al told him "fall down". The guy didn't, so Bruiser kicked Al's partner in the face and broke his nose.

When it came time for the "finish" of the match, Bruiser was going for his knee drop move. Al Snow said that Bruiser body slammed him, told him "don't move", bounced off the ropes, jumped in the air to knee drop him, and never touched Al with his knee. He got the cover, 1, 2, 3, said "thanks, kid" to Al, and that was it. Al talked to Bruiser after the match, asking him if he was alright, called him "kid" again, and Bruiser was like, "sorry about your friend."

Edited by Monte1076
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Did you know there are full WCCW shows online? I guess since WWE now owns them they decided not to take those old shows down. Here's one:

Peacock app has everything that WWE owns ....I'm rewatching all the WCW Monday Nitros now......lol

16 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Peacock app has everything that WWE owns ....I'm rewatching all the WCW Monday Nitros now......lol

Have you ever heard of Chikara? I think they're a regional promotion out of Pennsylvania. They seem to be a mix of Luchador style and Japanese pro wrestling style.

• 2 weeks later...