Old school rasslin memories

RETIREDFAN1

• 3 weeks later...

Legendary North Texas wrestler Kevin Von Erich holding one-man show in September

The show will take place at the Majestic Theatre, where Von Erich will share insight on his career, triumphs and tragedies.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/legendary-texas-wrestler-kevin-von-erich-making-rare-appearance-september-majestic-theatre/287-890ddf11-9c60-4d80-b0bb-ac55f4267991?tag1=kensshare

• Like 2

I'm glad he changed his mind.....I was AT WrestleMania 17 with my son.......

Did you know Tommy Dreamer originally planned to show up at Wrestlemania 17 to gun down Paul Heyman and then Kill Himself. He changed his mind after getting a call from JR.

Paul Heyman, who I thought me and him were super tight, he screwed me over big time. He was in the WWE, the whole time. I had turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to WCW. And now was unemployed.

“I went from a $750,000 offer, and Paul Heyman crying to me, that if I leave ECW, it will go out of business. Meanwhile, he was getting a paycheck from WWE. I don’t begrudge him, but then I did.

“I was depressed as depressed can be. I had women, I had fame, I had everything and yet it was the worst time of my life.”
At WrestleMania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane.

“First, they’d think it as an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help. That help came from a phone call from Jim Ross.

“In my head, I was like ‘I would become infamous.’ I’m glad I didn’t do it. But when that phone call came from Jim Ross.

“‘Hey Tommy it’s Jim Ross, just want to let you know, we are still thinking about you, we are gonna get it done, just got to hang tight. Thank you'”. - Tommy Dreamer

• Wow 1