Bonham AD/HFC

OleCoachB

22 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

can a slot t or flex team help them?  It looks like spread and no defense is impossible for them.

I'm not sure, but I do think they have had a couple good coaches. I know Fish did as good a job as could have been done with what he had. I do think previous team was Art Briles system and they tried playing and scoring as quick as they could. I also think they have lost some good players to local districts. They have a guy on staff that has some rings with HC experience. The district is brutal. It's tough to compete and beat teams that have commitment and tradition on its side. I'd be curious to know what type of numbers they have in the program, the participation rate of the summer program, etc. I know looking at their basketball scores they have scored less than 30 points in several games to this point. As with anything else I think this program needs stability to have any sort of a chance. I hope they make the right hire here. 

5 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Reassigned to public relations director.  Being kept quiet so far, but don’t think they are getting much interest.  

What makes you say they are not getting much interest? It seems like these types of jobs get more applicants than programs with recent success.

15 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

I was told in the range of 30-40 that they were aware of. 

tough district and a few not so hot seasons will drive this number down. Crazy its that low though. Signs of the times with the coaching shortage. Coaches can almost name there job if you have had success. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, GraysonFan said:

Reassigned to public relations director.  Being kept quiet so far, but don’t think they are getting much interest.  

Was he put out to pasture or did he ask to be reassigned and get out of the coaching grind?  

If its the latter, no shame in that.  The % of coaches above 40 years old is pretty low and continues to diminish rapidly for every year of age over 40 in the high school ranks.  Its hard to keep the fire and honestly you can make a heck of a lot more $ with much fewer hours outside of coaching if you have other marketable skills.  

it is a tough district but after watching some film on them, theres no reason they were that bad.  Offensively their line is big but its like they have no idea of the little things, their pass schemes seem to be 3 route combos, qb was rough but he may be young and doesnt know what to look at, but they did seem to have some athletes.  Defensively......lets not even talk about that because I would rather not throw up my dinner.

• LOL! 2

On 1/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, GraysonFan said:

Number of applications reported from admin bldg is not as high as some other schools in the area have received for recent openings.  I have no idea on the quality of applicants, just heard a number.

Well it’s Bonham. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, GraysonFan said:

Maaaan, talk about a demotion. Ya gotta be pretty low on the food chain to do that kinda job.  

20 hours ago, dogs3505 said:

it is a tough district but after watching some film on them, theres no reason they were that bad.  Offensively their line is big but its like they have no idea of the little things, their pass schemes seem to be 3 route combos, qb was rough but he may be young and doesnt know what to look at, but they did seem to have some athletes.  Defensively......lets not even talk about that because I would rather not throw up my dinner.

That’s pretty much what’s always been said about Bonham.  I remember being in college and a guy from Bonham tried walking onto the football team.  Halfway through practice he went to the bathroom and was never heard of or seen again. 

• LOL! 1