Bonham AD/HFC

OleCoachB

20 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

I think it was when they hired John Fish on the search before the one when they hired Dezern a few years ago.  I can’t remember the guy’s name but yeah he apparently brought his wife and kids to the school board meeting expecting to get the job and it turned in to a big fiasco.  His wife went scorched earth on social media too.  I think he may have been out of Oklahoma.

WOW, WOW,WOW. "wife went scorched earth" - that is classic.

1 hour ago, BigWhoop said:

WOW, WOW,WOW. "wife went scorched earth" - that is classic.

He was from Frisco as was Fish

I think he was the original guy but the board didn't approve him so ge showed up at the meeting and then didn't get approved...embarrassing for sure

23 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Pretty sure it's the SUPT's husband that got that job...not the principal.

Honestly, they probably should have stuck with the last guy. He got them in the playoffs with a big time win over Winnsboro in 2021 and in my opinion overachieved at Bonham. Talent pool isn't great and constantly losing kids to other school districts. 

Previous guy should have taken a better job after the 2021 season when he led them to the playoffs despite inheriting a very bad culture and a team that was used to losing. He chose to be loyal to those kids and the school district did not have his back.

oh my, that seems worse than what I had heard.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:46 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Pretty sure it's the SUPT's husband that got that job...not the principal.

Honestly, they probably should have stuck with the last guy. He got them in the playoffs with a big time win over Winnsboro in 2021 and in my opinion overachieved at Bonham. Talent pool isn't great and constantly losing kids to other school districts. 

Previous guy should have taken a better job after the 2021 season when he led them to the playoffs despite inheriting a very bad culture and a team that was used to losing. He chose to be loyal to those kids and the school district did not have his back.

Nepotism is alive and well in Bonham.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

Hope it works out for them, seems like an extremely long shot though.  Doubt they win a district game next season either.  I think they schedule 2A schools for the most part non district.  Tough gig there.

They will be far worse next year.

5 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

I imagine they were referring to who they lost.  I think the two good RB’s they had were seniors, I know their best OL was also.   JV squad was bad.

Understood. Even when everything else is right, you have to have some players.

On 3/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, BigWhoop said:

What makes you say this? Is it because of the hire they made? Or, are they losing a big senior class? Etc?

Lots of reasons really. Losing a ton of production from the RB Ross / Bad JV / Who is going to play QB? / Bad Karma because the admin doesn't handle stuff right / Entire organization is a dumpster fire and now the Supts Husband is one of the AD's as the Track coach...

Edited by GoodOleBoy73