Opinion: The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they might still have been driven by racism

Monte1076

https://nypost.com/2023/01/28/memphis-cops-in-tyre-nichols-murder-hired-after-pd-relaxed-job-standards/

The department also revealed that was even offering waivers for people who have been convicted on felony charges.

“Police departments have to take the screening process of candidates to be police officers seriously and not rush to hire officers that might not be qualified,” Alcazar said.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:41 AM, Monte1076 said:

So Van Jones says that these five former officers (all of whom are black) basically beat this other black gentleman to death because...racism???

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-department-jones/index.html

I'm sure alot  will come out later but on the surface racism could play due to this simple thing. They may have felt they'd have a better chance of getting away with it because he was black. Doubt they'd try the same on a white man. Like I said, I'm looking at nothing but the surface. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

I'm sure alot  will come out later but on the surface racism could play due to this simple thing. They may have felt they'd have a better chance of getting away with it because he was black. Doubt they'd try the same on a white man. Like I said, I'm looking at nothing but the surface. 

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.  Everything...

On 1/28/2023 at 4:26 PM, DaveTV1 said:

These were just bad HUMAN BEINGS.  Too bad it took a death for someone to see that they were bad apples.  

FIFY

Again, we keep looking for motives like racism, sexism, and homophobia as to why people commit these horrendous acts, but shouldn't we determine why they are such terrible people that they could do this to ANY HUMAN BEING at all!  These guys beat this guy like he had the codes to stop a bomb that was going to kill thousands and wouldn't give up the information.  What is wrong in the hearts of people that would cause them to act like this?  These black cops hated this man for being black???  There's something deeper there.  We are fallen men who live in a fallen world.  Only God can cure the problems of our corrupt spirits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Stuff like this happens everyday.

But it happens to African-Americans literally more...or not literally, but it feels like it....or white people do it because of racism...and so do black people...but only to black suspects...

IT'S DIFFERENT!

5 hours ago, JBizzle said:

But it happens to African-Americans literally more...or not literally, but it feels like it....or white people do it because of racism...and so do black people...but only to black suspects...

IT'S DIFFERENT!

We don't know that because it's not out in the mainstream media.  Percentages would say that it happens to white people as well.  

On 1/30/2023 at 12:17 PM, Youngcoach123 said:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/28/memphis-cops-in-tyre-nichols-murder-hired-after-pd-relaxed-job-standards/

The department also revealed that was even offering waivers for people who have been convicted on felony charges.

“Police departments have to take the screening process of candidates to be police officers seriously and not rush to hire officers that might not be qualified,” Alcazar said.

Anybody with an IQ doesn't want to be a cop anymore.  We get what we pay for as a society.  Low pay, high stress, court appearances on your day off and long hours.  Oh, sign me up.   

I did see where most modern countries like Germany require cops to have at least a 4-year college degree, but are paid an average of 50,000 dollars more.  

11 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Anybody with an IQ doesn't want to be a cop anymore.  We get what we pay for as a society.  Low pay, high stress, court appearances on your day off and long hours.  Oh, sign me up.   

I did see where most modern countries like Germany require cops to have at least a 4-year college degree, but are paid an average of 50,000 dollars more.  

Oh good. They get 4 years of indoctrination before putting on the shield. Then they'll know who they can beat acceptably.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:12 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

So the left wanted ex cons to be officers?

22 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So the left wanted ex cons to be officers?

BINGO!!!!!  Please see A Clockwork Orange for reference…..that’s all you will get when the officers with integrity/honor/duty all leave with the madness of defund the police…..https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-sees-largest-staff-exodus-decades-as-leaders-refusing-acknowledge-mounting-crisis-union-boss.amp