The official thread of brilliant CFB posts and Master Debaters

23 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Like I said great program but reality is 7-5 right now. Just like 98 or 2012 means absolutely nothing now for A&M. It's been ten years since Texas has been good on the national stage. 2018 was a good year but still  lost four games. Arguing over accomplishments is ridiculous. Texas wins everytime. Head to head goes to the horns. Grand scheme of things shows Texas is not back no matter how many times you want it to be. A&M has been an average to decent program and I haven't heard much of people thinking they are superior playoff team.. Right now Texas is much closer to A&M than it is Clemson/Alabama.

I agree with much of what you typed and fully agree with the portion I bolded.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

well considering whom they lost to matters. End of the day a loss is a loss an 7-5 is 7-5 even if it's in a superior conference. Thinking Texas is superior is silly. 

I don't think either team has the right to consider themselves superior right now. But common man... A&M beat one team this year with a winning record. That team was Oklahoma State in a bowl game that had them playing without their QB. A&M was favored and still didn't cover the measly 4 point spread. Not counting the bowl games, the teams A&M beat had a combined record of 22-50. Likewise the teams Texas beat this year had a combined 52-49 record with 4 of those teams playing in a bowl game. 

I understand though... Georgia didn't want to be there last year and Utah actually #### along with all teams in the PAC.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't think either team has the right to consider themselves superior right now. But common man... A&M beat one team this year with a winning record. That team was Oklahoma State in a bowl game that had them playing without their QB. A&M was favored and still didn't cover the measly 4 point spread. Not counting the bowl games, the teams A&M beat had a combined record of 22-50. Likewise the teams Texas beat this year had a combined 52-49 record with 4 of those teams playing in a bowl game. 

I understand though... Georgia didn't want to be there last year and Utah actually #### along with all teams in the PAC.

Not disagreeing with you. Like i said A&M and Texas  have no buisness in a peeing contest. Texas also lost to tcu Iowa st as well. Good isn't what I would describe either team.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Bruh, at the same time, what are the records of the teams that beat A&M and Texas? That works both ways...

13 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Both teams have been the definition of average at best for the historians looking at a recent timeline.  I think you should both shut the hell up :lol: 

Agreed. I can't get myself to argue with A&M fans over who's better for 2 reasons:

1. They don't play each other anymore.

2. See #1.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Any QB that puts up those types of numbers in the playoffs and against pre conference competition is not a 5 star QB. Period. Arch is not a 5 star. He has a big name, but was scared of camps and competition, put up up just decent numbers against a terrible district, and got his butt handed to him every time he played a real team. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more overrated prospect and I’ll be absolutely shocked if he ever starts a game for a power 5 team. 

Troll much? ....

• LOL! 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Isn't that after he signed the dotted line with Bama? After all, that's what the thread is about agreeing to sums before the step foot on campus.

The Aggie doesn’t get it.  Which is why he denies they paid for a recruiting class last year

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

The Aggie doesn’t get it.  Which is why he denies they paid for a recruiting class last year

What does A&M have to do with this? I’m addressing how Saban brags about NIL and how the reputation of Bama commands 7 figures for certain positions regardless if a player has played a down, then two years later is acting like paying players is beneath him. 

Look I’m all for the second stance. I do not think college players should be given this much before they even play a down. But Saban essentially bragged about Bryce and his NIL deal using it as a recruiting tool. Then changed his tune when he found out other schools might pay that much too. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

What does A&M have to do with this? I’m addressing how Saban brags about NIL and how the reputation of Bama commands 7 figures for certain positions regardless if a player has played a down, then two years later is acting like paying players is beneath him. 

Look I’m all for the second stance. I do not think college players should be given this much before they even play a down. But Saban essentially bragged about Bryce and his NIL deal using it as a recruiting tool. Then changed his tune when he found out other schools might pay that much too. 

You say kids aren’t wanting money for a signature.  Saban just said they did.  NIL isn’t supposed to be for commitments or LOI’s

Just now, DB2point0 said:

You say kids aren’t wanting money for a signature.  Saban just said they did.  NIL isn’t supposed to be for commitments or LOI’s

When did I say there aren’t some kids asking for money for signing? All I said was that Saban has had a different stance on players “earning” nil depending on the situation. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

When did I say there aren’t some kids asking for money for signing? All I said was that Saban has had a different stance on players “earning” nil depending on the situation. 

You’ve defending aTm every time it’s been talked about them paying for signatures.  

• LOL! 1

59 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You’ve defending aTm every time it’s been talked about them paying for signatures.  

Because nobody has ever provided that’s actually what happened. Like I said. Take this to A&M thread with proof or shut your punk mouth. There’s no reason for your obsession to derail yet another thread. 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Because nobody has ever provided that’s actually what happened. Like I said. Take this to A&M thread with proof or shut your punk mouth. There’s no reason for your obsession to derail yet another thread. 

I’m not the one that started the “rumors”, they’ve been all over the internet.  This isn’t just an Aggie thing, which is why I typed it here.  There are kids demanding NIL deals just for signing a LOI.  Saban has proved it.  That’s not derailing anything.  Kids have been paid to sign, and are still wanting it.

Quit trying to be a keyboard tough guy.  It’s not very fitting of you.  

Edited by DB2point0

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not the one that started the “rumors”, they’ve been all over the internet.  This isn’t just an Aggie thing, which is why I typed it here.  There are kids demanding NIL deals just for signing a LOI.  Saban has proved it.  That’s not derailing anything.  Kids have been paid to sign, and are still wanting it.

Quit trying to be a keyboard tough guy.  It’s not very fitting of you.  

Texas paid Ewers 25 million to come to Texas. I also saw Anthony Hill was given 25% of all ticket sales in order to sign. Prove it didn’t happen or it’s true. 

that’s how stupid you sound. Running with childish internet rumors from other morons like yourself with no evidence other than quoting some other moron before you. 

On 1/30/2023 at 12:10 PM, WETSU said:

Texas paid Ewers 25 million to come to Texas. I also saw Anthony Hill was given 25% of all ticket sales in order to sign. Prove it didn’t happen or it’s true. 

that’s how stupid you sound. Running with childish internet rumors from other morons like yourself with no evidence other than quoting some other moron before you. 

Nobody cares but you.  The problem is  it is all over the country that aTm paid for signatures.  You can get mouthy all you want.  I don’t care.  Ewers IS making a lot of Money at Texas.  Bijan did too.  I’m not denying it, because I don’t care.  

2CDC677D-94B2-4E7C-9BD4-297E228B703D.jpeg

On 1/30/2023 at 12:14 PM, WETSU said:

That’s the aspect of this that’s being overlooked. These deals are not between the school and the kids. They are between the kids and outside businesses and the school is just a middle man. Technically I could pay an lsu player nil money to do a commercial for my business and have him say gig em at the end. 

The problem is when coaches get caught on camera telling kids on recruiting trips who and how much and when. 

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

The problem is when coaches get caught on camera telling kids on recruiting trips who and how much and when. 

More lies from you. There was never a how much or a when in the statement. It was also a clip taken out of a much longer statement. There’s no shortage of low life humans like yourself that are perfectly content being liars if it makes them feel better about a game. 

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Nobody cares but you.  The problem is  it is all over the country that aTm paid for signatures.  You can get mouthy all you want.  I don’t care.  Ewers IS making a lot of Money at Texas.  Bijan did too.  I’m not denying it, because I don’t care.  

2CDC677D-94B2-4E7C-9BD4-297E228B703D.jpeg

So Texas is paying for signatures. They bought Ewers and all this recent class right? I mean they did broadcast 50k for every oline commit in an open blanket statement. If that’s not pay for sign what is?