Fighting 'WOKE' Things IS Easier Than Admitting You Hate 'Those People'?

BarryLaverty

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why would I stay up late to respond to your nonsense? If I can be assured of one thing, it is that you AND the Florida lackeys have very little actual knowledge of or respect for an AP African American studies course. You might as well be commenting on splitting an atom. It's just laughable. 

I split atoms for 8 years in the US Navy...

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I'm saying that I have very little patience for those who punch down or knock people down to make themselves feel morally superior or to gain advantage. 

Isn't that exactly what the woke crowd is doing to people that differ from the opinion on how people should act in public ?   They want the world to be sterile except to their own hypocrisy and there judgement of people that do not accept their views.  Personally, I don't care if someone is woke, but don't attempt to force it on all of society.  They seem to be offended by everything.  

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Isn't that exactly what the woke crowd is doing to people that differ from the opinion on how people should act in public ?   They want the world to be sterile except to their own hypocrisy and their judgement of people that do not accept their views.  Personally, I don't care if someone is woke, but don't attempt to force it on all of society.  They seem to be offended by everything.  

You are completely ignoring the history of our country when it comes to acknowledging that the LBGTQ members have never lived in a country free from discrimination, that women deserve equal treatment and freedom from harassment that they still don't have, and that the true story of black Americans has never been told, but other than that, your point that all three groups need to quit being so uppity is noted. 

Edited by BarryLaverty

12 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You are completely ignoring the history of our country when it comes to acknowledging that the LBGTQ members have never lived in a country free from discrimination, that women deserve equal treatment and freedom from harassment that they still don't have, and that the true story of black Americans has never been told, but other than that, your point that all three groups need to quit being so uppity is noted. 

Who lives free from discrimination anywhere?  You can't legislate people's hearts to change.  There's discrimination everywhere, it's just a matter of who's discrimination you care about right now.  Act like I've never been discriminated against by someone not like me.  But it doesn't matter because I'm an all-powerful white male!

What equal treatment do women not have?  Show me a law on the books today that treats women different than men?  Abortion laws?  Yeah, cuz contrary to your idiot party's belief, men can't get abortions.  Again, who is free from harrassment?  That's a broad term.  My wife harasses me all the time about the stuff i need to get done at home.

The history books are filled with the story of black Americans.  You want made up history to be included, that's your problem.

21 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The Alphabet Soup really didn't start coming out until the 60's.  I realize that laws were on the books throughout the U.S. to prevent U.S. from becoming a Sodom and Gomorrah.  As long as women and men have hormones there will be harassment from both sides.  Many men just don't complain about sexual advances.  From what I've read the 1619 certainly doesn't add the true History, and they blame racism for everything it seems.  I haven't seen the CRT curriculum that was proposed for AP classes in Florida, but although you say it doesn't happen it Texas you seem like a proponent for it being taught.

The people that I see that are more "Woke" isn't from those three groups.  It's from white college students.  The cancel culture is out of hand when you can't even play "Baby, It's Cold Outside" , Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, The Cream of Wheat Chef, The Indian Maiden on the Land o' Lakes boxes, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians, and on and on.  Who's next Chef Boyardee ?  There was nothing wrong with any of those, until a minority of people found them offensive.  That's offensive to me.

• Roll Eyes 1

35 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Alphabet Soup really didn't start coming out until the 60's.  I realize that laws were on the books throughout the U.S. to prevent U.S. from becoming a Sodom and Gomorrah.  As long as women and men have hormones there will be harassment from both sides.  Many men just don't complain about sexual advances.  From what I've read the 1619 certainly doesn't add the true History, and they blame racism for everything it seems.  I haven't seen the CRT curriculum that was proposed for AP classes in Florida, but although you say it doesn't happen it Texas you seem like a proponent for it being taught.

The people that I see that are more "Woke" isn't from those three groups.  It's from white college students.  The cancel culture is out of hand when you can't even play "Baby, It's Cold Outside" , Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, The Cream of Wheat Chef, The Indian Maiden on the Land o' Lakes boxes, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians, and on and on.  Who's next Chef Boyardee ?  There was nothing wrong with any of those, until a minority of people found them offensive.  That's offensive to me.

'Dave' says all is well, filtered through his life experiences and so it is! So sorry you have been put through so much. 

10 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Who lives free from discrimination anywhere?  You can't legislate people's hearts to change.  There's discrimination everywhere, it's just a matter of who's discrimination you care about right now.  Act like I've never been discriminated against by someone not like me.  But it doesn't matter because I'm an all-powerful white male!

What equal treatment do women not have?  Show me a law on the books today that treats women different than men?  Abortion laws?  Yeah, cuz contrary to your idiot party's belief, men can't get abortions.  Again, who is free from harrassment?  That's a broad term.  My wife harasses me all the time about the stuff i need to get done at home.

The history books are filled with the story of black Americans.  You want made up history to be included, that's your problem.

That may be your most glib, most obtuse post. Congrats! 

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

'Dave' says all is well, filtered through his life experiences and so it is! So sorry you have been put through so much. 

Nope.  I just say the woke/cancel culture is wrong for attempting to erase History, because it hurts their feelings.  Get over it move on, and press forward. We should change the past so it doesn't happen again. Yet, we shouldn't remove things, because we might be offended.  That's what is wrong with your left leaning crowd of cancel/woke culture.

I don't care if the alphabet soup crowd wants to hang out with each other.  Good for them, and good for monkey pox or whatever God bestows upon their iniquity.  Love is love, and herpes/AIDS lasts forever.  If you think God created them in this way, then you are a part of the problem.  God desires that they repent, and cast away their silliness.

As for racism of the past that's on those that didn't accept others of different skin colors as equals or even higher than themselves.  That was your parties main motive until the 60's.  The color of one's skin does not matter, it is their actions towards one another in treating each other with respect and dealings with their fellow man regardless of color.  

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Very nice counter-point. You did very well pointing out the areas that my argument was lacking through factual points!

He never answers directly.  He sticks with his party line, and his acceptance for all sin regardless of the consequences. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Sad to see College Board back down to bigotry and political grandstanding. Florida becomes the sewer pit of the country more and more everyday. 

If Florida is the sewer pit of the country, then what the hell does that make California, Oregon, Washington state, New York, ect.?

On 1/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Notice the woke libtard writer of this liberal slant falsely started off by saying Gov. Ron DeSantis attacked a high school course on African American studies ... that's a bold faced lie .... if this was truly a course on African American studies, there wouldn't be a problem .... this course may have some AA history which Gov. DeSantis has no problem with .... it's all the woke CRT and other divisive lies and indoctrination wrapped in a "history course" he opposes .... like any right minded parent or adult should ....

Leave it to Larry and the USA Today libtards to distort the truth .....

He loves him some Desantis bashing while ignoring the idiots in charge of running Cali (Newsom), Oregon (Brown), Michigan ( the nitwit), Minnesota, ect.

14 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

If Florida is the sewer pit of the country, then what the hell does that make California, Oregon, Washington state, New York, ect.?

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He loves him some Desantis bashing while ignoring the idiots in charge of running Cali (Newsom), Oregon (Brown), Michigan ( the nitwit), Minnesota, ect.

You love Florida so much, why don't you move there and marry DeSantis???? Oh, wait, that would hurt your chances to be loved in backwoods East Texas!!! 

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

@BarryLaverty Larry, what does any of this have to do with Black History? ....

image.png

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that it in no way is black history. It doesn't matter that it's just a means to teach communism and lgbtq topics to kids. It doesn't matter that it is exactly what descant is and Florida republicans say it is. He was using the "real black history" argument just like the other democrats. Mislabel something that nobody really wants as something you can blast people for not supporting. He'll never admit that this has nothing to do with black history and everything to do with advancing the alphabet and communist agenda in America.