Fighting 'WOKE' Things IS Easier Than Admitting You Hate 'Those People'?

BarryLaverty

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

What did Lincoln think about slaves?

From the Chicago Tribune. Attached a copy of the article. This is easier to read.

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races ... I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

Lincoln_Chicago_Press_Tribune_1858_09_21 (1).webp

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

CRT

Not trying to be funny but I'm not with the buzz words or acronyms. Can you give me an actual example of history being changed? A particular instance....

by the way, CRT is an elective course in Law School that covers racial disparities in the judicial system. 

30 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

You got that from a meme didn't you. There is an original source (which is not Johnson) but my money is on you getting it from a meme. He committed political suicide that day. Here's another quote, just like yours, not from Johnson but I tend to believe this one b/c it actually makes sense unlike yours. This is his former press secretary

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.

Just that quickly, he was one of the most hated men in the south by his own party. Heck it actually helped the Republican party in the next election b/c the majority of Southern democrats changed parties (thus the ideology shift. You're taking little jabs at me but how about we just stick to facts. No need to get personal.

Lol you’re in severe denial. I will let you be. Bless your heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Not trying to be funny but I'm not with the buzz words or acronyms. Can you give me an actual example of history being changed? A particular instance....

by the way, CRT is an elective course in Law School that covers racial disparities in the judicial system. 

The entire premise of CRT is telling people to disregard actual history for a new way to think.  I think history should be learned from  and for the most part has been.  There’s always a very small portion that don’t though

• Thanks 1

From the Chicago Tribune. Attached a copy of the article. This is easier to read.

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races ... I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

Lincoln_Chicago_Press_Tribune_1858_09_21 (1).webp

You got the part that claims it is Lincoln saying that?

6 hours ago, ctown81 said:

there was no democratic party when slavery started, kkk and segregationist were in fact part of the southern democratic party but then switched to republicans after Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Like I've been saying for months, not down for this division. Dems and Rep are no different in the end and pit the poor against one another. 

There were no political parties in America when slavery began.  The United States inherited from other cultures since almost time began.  I've already shown that narrative to be a lie.  As for being woke, it is just the snowflakes way of making people think that they are more virtuous than others when in fact they are the hypocrites.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

There were no political parties in America when slavery began.  The United States inherited from other cultures since almost time began.  I've already shown that narrative to be a lie.  As for being woke, it is just the snowflakes way of making people think that they are more virtuous than others when in fact they are the hypocrites.  

Spot on very sad some folks ain’t got a clue they’re being used.

22 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Gosh, I miss Lion. I mean he was slower than molasses and I pictured him looking like a Cletus, but at least he didn't claim to be a historian. 

Edited by BarryLaverty

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Gosh, I miss Lion. I mean he was slower than molasses and I pictured him looking like a Cletus, but at least he didn't claim to be a historian. 

History repeats itself if you don’t learn from it. You’re on the other hand that will not be on the right side of history when all said and done.

12 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Democrats were always using racial things peoples to their advantage. Started slavery

You said the above. Then @DaveTV1 said

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

There were no political parties in America when slavery began.  The United States inherited from other cultures since almost time began.  I've already shown that narrative to be a lie.

Then you said

51 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Apparently some folks just don't have a clue at all. Maybe this will open your eyes to the stupid things you say.

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

You said the above. Then @DaveTV1 said

Then you said

Apparently some folks just don't have a clue at all. Maybe this will open your eyes to the stupid things you say.

Ok bud I am sure you will never see the light. Victim mentality and ignorance is what it is. No reasoning or facts will fix that.

13 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Ok bud I am sure you will never see the light. Victim mentality and ignorance is what it is. No reasoning or facts will fix that.

To my conservative friends. Do y'all claim this guy? Maybe if y'all explain how stupid he sounds he may believe you guys. Keep in mind, this guy has probably been voting blue for years bc he doesn't know how to read a ballot. Can yall please help a brotha out? We ALL suffer under the umbrella of his stupidity. 

• LOL! 3

On 2/3/2023 at 5:14 PM, DB2point0 said:

The entire premise of CRT is telling people to disregard actual history for a new way to think.  I think history should be learned from  and for the most part has been.  There’s always a very small portion that don’t though

I know what you think it is, but I was asking for a specific example. I.E. the revolutionary war was really a war against black people. Something like that.

This is a response I get a lot when I ask this same question in person. 

The problem is with this, is teachers have been indoctrinated as well on what they should teach.  If you disagree with a teachers line of thought, even though the facts state differently they can fail you based on what they perceive as truth.  The difference between an educator, and their students is the modicum of thought behind what they have learned with facts, and not what they think to be true.  I believe in debate, but to do so with facts.  Regardless of what a teacher has been taught, or a student has learned we must always dig for the truth.  Does teaching a slanted version of what one perceives to be true make it so ?  Never.  We should search diligently for truth in all things.  

• Like 1