Jump to content

Stoney’s 2023 Dallas Cowboys Off-season Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

I gotta disagree. Rodgers instantly makes Dallas better. Dak can’t control the football to save his life. I also believe Rodgers best destination is San Francisco assuming they get rid of Jimmy.

I think he's passed his prime, and some of his offseason antics are over the top.  Aaron Rodgers: Darkness isolation retreat will get me closer to a "final, final decision" - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com) .  Last year it was the LSD/magic mushroom whatever trip to Peru :  Aaron Rodgers Opens Up About Ayahuasca Experiences: 'A Lot of Healing Went On' (today.com) .  Next thing you know he'll be licking toads in Arizona which the National Park Service discourages.  Toad licking: just say no, National Parks Service tells Americans seeking a high | Amphibians | The Guardian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think he's passed his prime, and some of his offseason antics are over the top.  Aaron Rodgers: Darkness isolation retreat will get me closer to a "final, final decision" - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com) .  Last year it was the LSD/magic mushroom whatever trip to Peru :  Aaron Rodgers Opens Up About Ayahuasca Experiences: 'A Lot of Healing Went On' (today.com) .  Next thing you know he'll be licking toads in Arizona which the National Park Service discourages.  Toad licking: just say no, National Parks Service tells Americans seeking a high | Amphibians | The Guardian

Well he is a weird person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Jerruh needs to draft a young dual threat QB and get him ready to play by his second year .... another year of overpaid Prescott and Jerruh will be ready to cut him loose ....

 

 

 

Yes.   You can't trade or cut Dak but you better get a QB in the middle rounds. No way he will play by 2nd year but you have to get somebody started.

  As long as the HC is there ain't nothing changing.   And him calling plays ????   He can't manage the clock while doing absolutely nothing else.  WTH is this gonna look like ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

Yes.   You can't trade or cut Dak but you better get a QB in the middle rounds. No way he will play by 2nd year but you have to get somebody started.

  As long as the HC is there ain't nothing changing.   And him calling plays ????   He can't manage the clock while doing absolutely nothing else.  WTH is this gonna look like ?

A QB in the middle rounds will get you exactly nowhere ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Joe Theismann, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, and Tom Brady say hello. 

Those are few and far between .... a few out of 50+ years ... the odds are terrible trying to find one in the later rounds ...  might as well find an undrafted free agent .... oh wait, they tried that already ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FC40BDDB-06CD-4389-AE47-5DB186E9C4FC.jpeg52C6C68F-E4DE-4EA5-AF42-6A845ED42039.jpegA9D63804-D71F-450A-A201-58A63BA4D994.jpeg

Every QB drafted since 2010. Y’all want to trade up for a 1st rounder? RG3, Wentz, Goff say hello. Y’all want the sure thing? Andrew Luck was out of the league before 30. Jameis Winston anybody? If QB is such a sure thing why did Patrick Mahomes fall to 10? Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold before Josh Allen? QB is a crapshoot. You hit on one you have to pay them. Daniel Jones just got 4yr/$160m. Look at every deal since Dak signed his deal. Rodgers, Rapist, Mahomes, Kyler, Lamar both tagged and post extension. All more money than Dak’s deal. Should Stephen Jones have signed Dak to a cheaper contract before heading into his rookie year finale? Absolutely. You could have signed him to a Russell Wilson type contract. The bull that Dallas can’t sign good players because of Dak’s contract is bull. Dallas can’t sign good players because Dallas doesn’t spend money in free agency. Brandon Carr was the last big money free agent. Dallas builds through the draft and signing their own players. That’s their team building model.

04C7C8EB-FEEA-41D2-AB49-7AE573782EE8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I heard that DeAndre Hopkins might want to come to Dallas.  Dez has been recruiting him.  I don't know how we can sign many players unless they get the cap down.  

You can restructure Dak, cut Zeke, looks like Tyron will either stay, retire or could be a cut. Dallas can make cap room. If they do it will be more to sign their own guys than to add a piece in free agency.

Having said that. Keep an eye on Odell Beckham Jr. Dallas wanted him for the playoffs. Rehab wouldn’t make it possible. Just something to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Those are few and far between .... a few out of 50+ years ... the odds are terrible trying to find one in the later rounds ...  might as well find an undrafted free agent .... oh wait, they tried that already ....

They do happen, and Johnny Unitas is another.  Let's take a look at Stoney's list of mid=rounders that are good.  2012 - Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, and Nick Foles if you count a Super Bowl.  2011 - Andy Dalton 2014 - Jimmy Garoppolo 2018 - Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson 2022 - Maybe Brock Purdy, but he could turn out like Nick Foles.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dallas needs to draft a early round quality dual threat QB in my opinion .... a Mahomes or Jalen Hurts type QB .... Jerrah screwed the pooch passing on Hurts .... Prescott is going to be an expensive ordeal the next few years if delusional Jerruh keeps him around  .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, KirtFalcon said:

A QB in the middle rounds will get you exactly nowhere ...

That isn't exactly true.   You have to play your hand.  You can't draft a QB high and sit on him for 2 years either.   The reality is that Dak is here for another 2 years MINIMUM so you have to get one to groom.  I'd say 4th-5th round.  I'm not into scouting so you have to trust your talent evaluators.   But this team can't spend a 1st thru 3rd for somebody to sit the bench for 2 or more years.   It is what it is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cowboys seem to have done good with their signings/agreements so far……..Now if they can find a stud DT, a good OG, a number 2 WR, another good TE, and a QB, Doomie’s Boys might make it to the conference finals.    There is always hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

Zieke finally released. Dallas said he been in decline since he signed that huge contract.

They can release Prescoot and his ridiculous contract after the 2023 season too ....

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

They can release Prescoot and his ridiculous contract after the 2023 season too ....

I tend to agree. Draft Qb and RB . Normally I would say stay away from RB in the first round but that longhorn Robinson seems special.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DHop still wants to be a Cowboy.  He knew those sorry Texaint's with BOB weren't going to do a thing.  Now he wants to leave the Cardiac Cards, and help lead Dallas to the promised land.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...