THSCA Football Class 5A SuperEliteTeam

AledoAlumni

Not a single South Oak Cliff player on the 5A team and not a single Duncanville player on the 6A team.  What a absolute sham!  They must have gotten consulting from Padilla or they hate Dallas County teams.  Also “SuperElite” what a stupid name.   Why not one or the other?  

Edited by CrankyOldMan

5 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

Not a single South Oak Cliff player on the 5A team and not a single Duncanville player on the 6A team.  What a absolute sham!  They must have gotten consulting from Padilla or they hate Dallas County teams.  Also “SuperElite” what a stupid name.   Why not one or the other?  

This is why: The THSCA Super Elite Teams consists of high school players nominated by current professional members of the Texas High School Coaches Association.

3 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

This is why: The THSCA Super Elite Teams consists of high school players nominated by current professional members of the Texas High School Coaches Association.

How does that explain why they failed to nominate any players from two of the state championship teams in 5A and 6A? 

I’ve come to the conclusion that all these all state teams are nothing but propaganda for certain programs who play the politics correctly.  The Padilla poll and this superelite team just prove it.  Hopefully the Texas sportswriters doesn’t show the same favoritism.  

7 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

How does that explain why they failed to nominate any players from two of the state championship teams in 5A and 6A? 

I’ve come to the conclusion that all these all state teams are nothing but propaganda for certain programs who play the politics correctly.  The Padilla poll and this superelite team just prove it.  Hopefully the Texas sportswriters doesn’t show the same favoritism.  

If their coaches aren't members, then they aren't eligible. And if the coaches are members, then they didn't nominate them to the THSCA.

It's the same thing for girls sports with the Texas Girls Coaches Association all-state teams or basketball with the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches. Some coaches aren't members and therefore their teams aren't eligbile.

14 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

I wanna say this is the first year THSCA did this so I bet a lot of coaches simply didnt know about it also...Padilla's all-state team is different he makes no bones about his all-state team and what it is....

Edited by MattStepp

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I wanna say this is the first year THSCA did this so I bet a lot of coaches simply didnt know about it also...Padilla's all-state team is different he makes no bones about his all-state team and what it is....

Well it confirms my suspicions that these “off brand” all-state teams are nothing more then a grift and pandering for subscriptions and memberships.  They have little merit awarding the actual best players statewide. 

2 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

Well it confirms my suspicions that these “off brand” all-state teams are nothing more then a grift and pandering for subscriptions and memberships.  They have little merit awarding the actual best players statewide. 

Its all a matter of perspective...if you are the coach of one of those kids who makes the all-state team or a member of the all-state team..pretty nice honor..I've seen colleges quote in players bios on their website too...so I mean for those kids I'm happy it means something to them

You've got your take on it and its a valid take, I personally dont put much stock in Carl's all-state team, I know what it is...lol but I do subscribe to his service as I find that plenty useful

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Its all a matter of perspective...if you are the coach of one of those kids who makes the all-state team or a member of the all-state team..pretty nice honor..I've seen colleges quote in players bios on their website too...so I mean for those kids I'm happy it means something to them

You've got your take on it and its a valid take, I personally dont put much stock in Carl's all-state team, I know what it is...lol but I do subscribe to his service as I find that plenty useful

Thank you for the feedback.