Top 5 rival Stadiums you love/hate to visit

Mavchamp

Favorite Stadiums to visit
1. Pine Tree Stadium- Marshall is 9-0 here.  Great place to watch a game.  Atrocious parking though.
2. Tyler Rose Stadium- nicest large stadium in ETX
3. Longview Lobo- second nicest large stadium in ETX
4. Jacksonville Tomato Bowl- Best reno I've ever seen.  Best turf in ETX.  Worst parking in the state.
5. Carthage Bulldog Stadium-  that video board though.  

Honorable mentions:  Mount Pleasant, Palestine

Least Favorite Stadiums to visit
1.  Longview- Obvious reasons: two wins since 1998.  GA seats for Lobo fans on visitors side. 
2.  Nacogdoches-  Worst 5A stadium in ETX imho
3.  Whitehouse- 2nd worst 5A stadium in ETX.  Plus WH fans in general.
4.  Texas High Grim Stadium- Concrete bleachers.  Atrocious parking
5.  Lufkin- steepest stadium in Texas lmao.  Just blah, really.  Pressbox unchanged from 1970's.

Honorable mentions:  Old Tomato Bowl, Old Henderson, Sulphur Springs

• Like 2

My 5 Favorite: 

1. Timpson- fans are friendly, short walk to a really well stocked concession stand on the visitor side, ample visitor seating, no track so it’s close to the action. It’s just a tough place to play because they are really good now. 
2. Beckville- nothing really super special, but they were really considerate of visiting fans by putting the home stands looking right into the evening sun. 
3. Carlisle- worth the trip for the brisket tacos. 
4. Cushing- pretty good concession stand, parking isn’t terrible, and you can bank on bringing home a W. 
5. Arp- just a good all around place for a football game. 

Least favorite- 

1. Tenaha- visitors stands are tiny and you have to walk a mile to get there. Parking is a nightmare. Below average concession stand. But they make up for it with their gym and hoops tournament. 
2. Deweyville- it’s almost a 3 hour drive and the mosquitoes are the size of turkey buzzards.
3. Linden-Kildare- straight out of the 1970s. 
4. Cayuga- the visitor stands border on dangerous. When you stand up you’re literally standing on a single 2x6. 
5. Shelbyville- better than Tenaha, but the visitors stands still doesn’t measure up to the stadium as a whole. 

• Like 1

Least Favorite

Joaquin (Before Turf, the visitor sideline was a muddy puddle even in a drought)

Dekalb (Same as above)

Mount Vernon (the visitor locker room seemed like two miles away)

New Diana (Stadium is lacking. Porta-potties in 2023 should not be a thing.)

LK (They have not put any money into that place in decades).

Favorite

Maud (Love the no track, and the locker room is close)

Ore City (Best small school stadium around)

Waskom (everything is close)

Pewitt (home stands are cool, and typically has great grass)

Prairiland (Another cool stadium with no track)

Edited by Valhalla

19 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

1. Pine Tree Stadium- Marshall is 9-0 here.  Great place to watch a game.  Atrocious parking though.
4. Jacksonville Tomato Bowl- Best reno I've ever seen.  Best turf in ETX.  Worst parking in the state.

1.  Longview- Obvious reasons: two wins since 1998.  GA seats for Lobo fans on visitors side. 
5.  Lufkin- steepest stadium in Texas lmao.  Just blah, really.  Pressbox unchanged from 1970's.

I would argue but Nac needs some major renovations to our stadium thank God we are getting the pressbox redone and adding a visitors pressbox 

2 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I would argue but Nac needs some major renovations to our stadium thank God we are getting the pressbox redone and adding a visitors pressbox 

Other than the turf and the scoreboard….. Nac virtually looks the exact same as it did 30 years ago. 

• Like 1

My faves…. TMF Rose, Marshall is very nice, Henderson is solid, Sulphur Springs, Pine Tree, Texas High

LEAST LIKED…. Lufkin (yikes, press box), Crandall is embarrassing for a 5A, Whitehouse feels sterile and cold, the old Bruce Field, and I hear Chapel Hill needs a lot of work 

10 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Well who has the best concessions??? 
I like ours. I hate to say it but I enjoy Whitehouse’s concessions as well even though you have to walk a country mile to get to it. 

I was shocked when I went to Marshall and saw that they didn’t have much to offer. 

The big schools ain’t where it’s at for concessions. Try the chicken strips with Ram Sauce at Joaquin, the brisket tacos at Carlisle, the smoked turkey legs at Alto, and the burgers at Shelbyville. You will thank me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

The big schools ain’t where it’s at for concessions. Try the chicken strips with Ram Sauce at Joaquin, the brisket tacos at Carlisle, the smoked turkey legs at Alto, and the burgers at Shelbyville. You will thank me. 

There’s no lie there I’ve been to both alto and shelbyville and left full!

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Street tacos at Shelbyville are really good as well. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:46 PM, Mavchamp said:

Figured you’d like our video board compared to your video board.

• Like 1

I'll expand outside of Etx

Worst

1. Itasca - I coached a game in a rain storm standing on top of 2 sheets of plywood that bowed everytime you took a small step.
  2. Wortham - Uncrowned field that turned to mud. The loudest speakers that you had to stand on top of in the pressbox. Metal building for the locker rooms with no AC.
  3. Old Chilton - Before they got their new set up, Chilton's field and stands were hot garbage. In junior high we had to dress out in a singlewide that was off of the sidelines for some reason.
  4. Ganado - Field and facilities are nice, but dear lord the mosquitos would carry you off no matter how much spray you used.
  5. Weimar - Recently got renovated with new everything. But easily the worst field, stands, and had to walk half a mile from their old gym to the field.

Best/Most Unique in no particular order

1. Lobo - One of the best stadiums in Etx and all around cool stadium.
  2. Jacksboro - One of the better small school stadiums in the state. And it has a really cool look with it standing out cause it flat all around it.
  3. Alvin ISD Stadium - The most impressive high school stadium I think I've ever seen or been in.
  4. Universal City Randolph - While not visually impressive, having planes landing and taking off and stopping whatever you're doing for taps to be played is a fun experience.
  5. Wimberly - The view alone is worth going to watch a game there. But its also a solid complex and a great little town to visit.
Edited by Beastx89

On 2/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, Valhalla said:

Least Favorite

Joaquin (Before Turf, the visitor sideline was a muddy puddle even in a drought)

Dekalb (Same as above)

Mount Vernon (the visitor locker room seemed like two miles away)

New Diana (Stadium is lacking. Porta-potties in 2023 should not be a thing.)

LK (They have not put any money into that place in decades).

Favorite

Maud (Love the no track, and the locker room is close)

Ore City (Best small school stadium around)

Waskom (everything is close)

Pewitt (home stands are cool, and typically has great grass)

Prairiland (Another cool stadium with no track)

At least 3 maybe 4 decades for LK

Edited by TIMRIGGINS