The real reason Barry still wears a mask…..

Monte1076

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Knowing that I haven't worn a mask anywhere not a nursing home in a long time and knowing strongly that some of you have always been 'two baggers' makes that mildly amusing at best. 

I find that hard to believe. I bet you wear yours in your car alone or even your house. 

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Never underestimate the power of a liberal with a narrative to tell or fear even if misguided or stupid.

I say I think the story is probably made up because it was an "advice column" thing, and the guy's girlfriend was the one complaining. Apparently, this guy wore this mask even in the shower.

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I put some of you in the category of 'let's cough in the face of the person who tries to take away my rights to spread disease'. That's not a compliment. 

Lemme ask you a question. When there were more mask rules in restaurants.

What sense did it make to have to wear the mask as you entered, but when you were seated you no longer needed it? Serious question. What sense does that make?

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I put some of you in the category of 'let's cough in the face of the person who tries to take away my rights to spread disease'. That's not a compliment. 

Data and statistics haven’t proven little effect in preventing the virus. Masks have always been cosmetic theater. If you’re worried about spitting you’re in fact too close anyways. 

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Lemme ask you a question. When there were more mask rules in restaurants.

What sense did it make to have to wear the mask as you entered, but when you were seated you no longer needed it? Serious question. What sense does that make?

Diseases take breaks from sitting down at a restaurant. Remember follow the Science as nice people on CNN and Democrats used to tell us. However, means nothing in terms of biology. That is for a different thread.

Why the continued obsession, the dog with a bone endless fixation? I went through a year, year before last school year, with hundreds of kids and teachers wearing masks every day, in close quarters, and we survived it? Do I think that social distancing and other common sense measures, like getting a vaccine shot and living a healthy life played a part in moving forward? Of course, but masks didn't hurt anyone, except for Karens and Kens out there, as far as I can see. 

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Well, dang, I am now proven wrong, and I should disregard my own evidence that I personally observed in an actual school district. 

Well, if we're supposed to follow the science...I'd think you'd trust someone like Leana Wen. Don't you? I mean, she appears on CNN with Sanjay Gupta, Dr. Fauci, and other medical professionals you'd trust, right?

So why is she wrong, and you right?

I mean, you like opinion pieces...here's one by Leana Wen.

So why's she wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/23/my-kids-wont-wear-masks-school/

Masking has harmed our son’s language development, and limiting both kids’ extracurriculars and social interactions would negatively affect their childhood and hinder my and my husband’s ability to work.

Edited by Monte1076

5 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, if we're supposed to follow the science...I'd think you'd trust someone like Leana Wen. Don't you? I mean, she appears on CNN with Sanjay Gupta, Dr. Fauci, and other medical professionals you'd trust, right?

So why is she wrong, and you right?

I mean, you like opinion pieces...here's one by Leana Wen.

So why's she wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/23/my-kids-wont-wear-masks-school/

Looks like she backtracked on her strong support for masking after her son struggled. That seems anecdotal to me. 

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Looks like she backtracked on her strong support for masking after her son struggled. That seems anecdotal to me. 

Ok, well, she's a trusted medical professional. If she's against it, and Fauci is for it, who do you listen to?

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

If you can smell a you know then it is not stopping a microscopic virus. Follow the science . Democrats told us this . Are they lying now?