UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

15 minutes ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Not sure they are going to go with a 2A coach...if it is the P C you mean. 

Hrm... not sure if there barking up the wrong tree, in a deep subject, but me thinky all may have thrown in there hats.  

4 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Not ideal but you’re starting at the bottom and they “ get “ Henderson. Not saying that is the guy but definitely in the running. When you hit rock bottom you have nothing left but to go up.

5 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

The guy is a winner at any level, and he’s a local. You won’t have to worry about him running back to the metroplex for the first open job at a 5A suburban cookie cutter school. And for the record, I didn’t say what they WOULD do. I said what they SHOULD do. Lol

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The guy is a winner at any level, and he’s a local. You won’t have to worry about him running back to the metroplex for the first open job at a 5A suburban cookie cutter school. And for the record, I didn’t say what they WOULD do. I said what they SHOULD do. Lol

Hire someone who wants to be part of the community and the rebuild. Going to take some time and patience to change the mindset on the boys side of sports. Too much losing in every sport. 

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I hope he stays with us,but he's hendo home grown and played ball there,had some pretty good mentors and an exceptional drive to win.He would have no probs coaching at that classification level,he played at that level himself.Give him the normal hendo athletes and he'll produce you a winner,people tend to forget that at his present school,most of the players play both ways all game and it's hard to maintain high level energy every snap when your kids are on the field for 48 minutes 👀.As for me personally I've know him alot years and wish him the best of luck whichever decision he gets to make,one of us is getting a helluva coach 👈

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Campbell46 said:

All of the comments, predictions, or whatever you call it of the new coach are way off!

Wait, let me guess...they are going after an assistant at a big name Metro-mess school that can bring a couple of D-1 sons with him, right? Might as well since it worked out so well for them last time!! LOL!!

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Wait, let me guess...they are going after an assistant at a big name Metro-mess school that can bring a couple of D-1 sons with him, right? Might as well since it worked out so well for them last time!! LOL!!

Haha. .just send an FIA and get all the names.

Word is they have three finalists all with Hendo ties..been on staff and/families have lived there before….

I am not sure home-cooking is what will revive Hendo and put them in the ranks of the others in their district like Lindale, Kilgore and C Hill. Really hoped they would branch out and not just consider former assistants. The last state championship was almost 13 years ago. 
Hope it works out for them.

Edited by Clear Eyes Full Heart