UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

1 hour ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Word is they have three finalists all with Hendo ties..been on staff and/families have lived there before….

I am not sure home-cooking is what will revive Hendo and put them in the ranks of the others in their district like Lindale, Kilgore and C Hill. Really hoped they would branch out and not just consider former assistants. The last state championship was almost 13 years ago. 
Hope it works out for them.

Heard one is currently running a pretty successful program around DFW with more knots to tie with an old AD/HFC of Henderson past. 

7 hours ago, AMERICAN 1 said:

And that would be...............................................

Lol..this is the fun part. Encoding messages is fun. Up to you to decode. Lets just say if it gets dusty in the savanah you could cough..

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

great reference.. love it.. Already turned around one program and has  had great success.. see if he gets this and can do it again. 

If we are talking about the same coach, no argument that he's a good one - zero. But turned around might be a little strong for me. I think previous coach did a tremendous job to get that thing going from where it started. But hear me, zero arguments on what this coach has accomplished in his time there. But I'll stick to, there are reasons you would leave for a non AD job moving up just one classification. If he gets that job, he will do well. 

On 1/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Still no coach announced…the hiring process must not be going smoothly….

I heard they had their man. Who knows what the delay in the announcement is. That admin has had some serious downfalls in the last couple of years. Read the other day where they have been sued in a civil lawsuit for ignoring bulling.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Still no coach announced…the hiring process must not be going smoothly….

Sometimes the delay on the announcement is not on the district. Often times, the coach needs time to discuss with family, make the decision, inform current district, and inform his current team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

Sometimes the delay on the announcement is not on the district. Often times, the coach needs time to discuss with family, make the decision, inform current district, and inform his current team. 

And the district has to get a special board meeting called...they have to make sure enough board members can be present to have a quorum and then they still have to post the meeting with 72 hrs notice before conducting the meeting...I'm pretty sure they have their guy its just a formality of having the board meeting and making it official 

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 3