UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

What advantage do they think they have in separating the AD and HC positions? This situation would obviously limit finding top candidates for a 4A program willing to take a job at this level without the AD responsibilities .... Anyone with insight on why they have chosen to go this route? ......

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

i keep seeing stuff about the board and the supt. but what is the AD doing in all of this search? 

Not sure about that. I think he’s been the “athletic coordinator” the last 3-4 years which sounds like basically the same role as AD now and I know all Henderson sports have not been great in awhile. Go check out Henderson basketball scores for this year 

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

41 minutes ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

Not sure about that. I think he’s been the “athletic coordinator” the last 3-4 years which sounds like basically the same role as AD now and I know all Henderson sports have not been great in awhile. Go check out Henderson basketball scores for this year 

0C27D17A-2314-4D13-B26F-2654BE794080.jpeg

I have always thought the process of hiring a head coach was interesting. And, what factors determine whether you get a call versus not getting that call. There have been times where I was certain I would at least get an interview and never got that call. Other times I sent in a resume just to say that I did, thinking I had zero chance, and got an interview. I wonder how Henderson went about their process to bring in their interview choices? Was it based on current title, career record, previous AD/HFC experience (not that AD experience matters here), roots in this area, pedigree, coaches kids that could contribute, etc. Probably some of each if I had to guess. I think when you are where they are at (perception of this deal), I think interviewing candidates that you THINK would TAKE this job if offered would be high priority. I'm not saying you shouldn't shoot for the moon and try and rope a whale, but I think having a trump card for when that goes sideways, you can play that card and take the pile. Don't lose hope Hendo, you in Texas, a bunch of great coaches. All you need is a coach that can relate to kids and get them dudes to play hard! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

The AD was something the supe added when he arrived. Coach Castles was the AD/Head football coach up till that point. From that point on it has been a complete disaster. Any highly qualified, successful coach will do their homework and now exactly what they are getting in to...probably why they are having candidates pull their name out of the hat.

And just for the record the bb team was also competitive before this regime took over...not great but usually made the playoffs...they sure put up more than 16 points...how embarassing.

• Wow 1

11 hours ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

Plus the Henderson school district did not even get rated for academics correct?? When was the last time that happened? 

Don’t recall that ever happening . This is the saddest part. I can see teams sports down a few years but you should never have your academics in that state. 

• Like 1

Former Henderson Football booster club president arrested.

https://www.kltv.com/2023/02/02/former-henderson-isd-booster-club-president-arrested-after-financial-irregularities/

Kenneth Lee Orr

Kenneth Lee Orr(Rusk County Sheriff's Office)

HENDERSON, Texas (KLTV) - A former Henderson ISD booster club president has been arrested after police say irregularities were found in the club’s financial records.

Kenneth Lee Orr, 68, was arrested today by Henderson Police on a felony charge of misapplication of fiduciary property or property of financial institution greater than $2,500 and less than $30,000.

Last fall, Henderson ISD discovered financial irregularities during a routine audit of the Henderson Football Booster Club’s financial records, according to a release from the ISD. After review, the information was turned over to the Henderson Police Department for further investigation.

“Students, families and community members should know that the money donated to support the district’s students in their athletic and extracurricular activities will always be used to benefit Henderson’s students,” the release said. “When considering taxpayer dollars for the district or generous donations supporting HISD’s many fine booster clubs, financial trust and transparency are paramount.”

Chairman of the HISD Board of Trustees Adam Duey said, “When that trust is eroded, either through irresponsible actions or a lack of accountability, we risk losing sight of what is most important: doing what’s best for kids.”

Orr was booked into Rusk County Jail on Feb. 2 and posted $10,000 bond the same day.

• Wow 3

15 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Too be fair Henderson never truly been a basketball school. 

Didn't the boys win district in 2011? I was working at the paper then, and I could've swore they did. 

No, maybe Henderson has never been a "basketball school" (however you're defining that) but Henderson has always had talented and competitive teams in various sports. 

This is a stupid and trollish take, even for you.  

42 minutes ago, RKS21 said:

Former Henderson Football booster club president arrested.

https://www.kltv.com/2023/02/02/former-henderson-isd-booster-club-president-arrested-after-financial-irregularities/

Kenneth Lee Orr

Kenneth Lee Orr(Rusk County Sheriff's Office)

HENDERSON, Texas (KLTV) - A former Henderson ISD booster club president has been arrested after police say irregularities were found in the club’s financial records.

Kenneth Lee Orr, 68, was arrested today by Henderson Police on a felony charge of misapplication of fiduciary property or property of financial institution greater than $2,500 and less than $30,000.

Last fall, Henderson ISD discovered financial irregularities during a routine audit of the Henderson Football Booster Club’s financial records, according to a release from the ISD. After review, the information was turned over to the Henderson Police Department for further investigation.

“Students, families and community members should know that the money donated to support the district’s students in their athletic and extracurricular activities will always be used to benefit Henderson’s students,” the release said. “When considering taxpayer dollars for the district or generous donations supporting HISD’s many fine booster clubs, financial trust and transparency are paramount.”

Chairman of the HISD Board of Trustees Adam Duey said, “When that trust is eroded, either through irresponsible actions or a lack of accountability, we risk losing sight of what is most important: doing what’s best for kids.”

Orr was booked into Rusk County Jail on Feb. 2 and posted $10,000 bond the same day.

Man...  that's disappointing. I really hope this somehow turns out to be a misunderstanding. I knew him when I worked there. Always struck me as a really good guy. 

43 minutes ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

12200F28-1057-4F3F-8D36-70858F3826FE.jpeg

I got to see HISD pretty close when I was working at the local paper. I had access to a lot of things behind the scenes, and I was always impressed with the professionalism and competence of the folks who worked there. 

That said, it's hard to believe there's been such a falloff in such a short time. Just shows the importance of good leadership in any organization.