UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

33 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Very excited . I just want them to be competitive again. I don’t know much about Arnold but Tamplin is a solid choice. I wonder what kinda of offense will be ran. 

Clay is a spread guy. He will be pretty balanced based on what the defense is giving him. And he’s not one of those guys that believes in offense only. The way he sees it, the quicker his defense can get him the ball back, the more offense he can put up. He’s not bringing Tamp in to give up points. Expect Henderson to get better quickly. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Clay is a spread guy. He will be pretty balanced based on what the defense is giving him. And he’s not one of those guys that believes in offense only. The way he sees it, the quicker his defense can get him the ball back, the more offense he can put up. He’s not bringing Tamp in to give up points. Expect Henderson to get better quickly. 

Well said. Very good description. I fully expect Clay and Company to do big things. 

22 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Where is Justin Arnold coming from? Isn't Tamplin coming from Timpson?

Arnold was HC at Overton and Tamplin was HC at Tenaha. 

I don't know what their W-L records are. 

20 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Got ya...sounds like Coach Baker is putting together a small school all-star staff at Hendo

Might as well try small school staff.....big school 6A staff from Duncanville, Crowley  Desoto and Denton didn't work out that well 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SUPERKAT17 said:

Might as well try small school staff.....big school 6A staff from Duncanville, Crowley  Desoto and Denton didn't work out that well 

Agreed. I am definitely not hating. There are some ball coaching dudes at small schools that often get overlooked in my opinion.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 10:32 AM, Mr. P said:

Arnold was HC at Overton and Tamplin was HC at Tenaha. 

I don't know what their W-L records are. 

I believe Tamp went like 3-7 in 2019, his lone year as HC at Tenaha. I don’t believe that’s a true testament to his ability as a coach. He’s a very good defensive mind. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 11:09 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Agreed. I am definitely not hating. There are some ball coaching dudes at small schools that often get overlooked in my opinion.

Gotta remember baker and Tamplin are coming home. Emotionally invested in Henderson. A change was obviously needed and Henderson isn’t 1-9 bad with the athletes they have. I see significant improvement and challenging for a playoff spot in a competitive district.

20 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Gotta remember baker and Tamplin are coming home. Emotionally invested in Henderson. A change was obviously needed and Henderson isn’t 1-9 bad with the athletes they have. I see significant improvement and challenging for a playoff spot in a competitive district.

Agreed. They will be improved for sure. Previous hire was bad. Many people were blinded by the fact that the previous guy had two sons that were pretty good. Talent with no culture = 1-9...hopefully Henderson has learned their lesson. Too good of a program historically to be that bad.

• Like 2