UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

6 hours ago, SpinIt2WinIt said:

Clay Baker come on down. Give him a chance and you will be proud of the product you get. It won’t happen in year 1 or probably 2 but it will get done. 

So the next question to ask is....who would get Carlisle?  That in itself is an interesting thought..And me being me,I have a private recommendation for consideration and their evaluation...👀.....

1 hour ago, Bigmix said:

I hope the administration gives him 3 to 4 years to clean that mess up. 

If I was the coach I wouldn't take less than 5. It will take at least 3 to get it turned around IMO.

Had a SC winning coach tell me one time, " it takes time to build a program, it only takes a year to destroy one."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

If I was the coach I wouldn't take less than 5. It will take at least 3 to get it turned around IMO.

Had a SC winning coach tell me one time, " it takes time to build a program, it only takes a year to destroy one."

Yep, I would guess that the new coach has a re-sale job on his hands. The morning after he is hired he needs to be in the halls meeting kids , shaking hands, and introducing himself. Stay away from the administration offices. Just my take.

28 minutes ago, EasyRider said:

Maybe Scott Surratt is bored with winning and wants a new challenge. Just a trolling thought

Yeah, he could still live in Carthage so his son could go to school in Carthage and he make the commute to Henderson every day. 

I want to say this. If anybody deserves that job, Clay Baker does. He followed in his dad's footsteps when it came to loving the kids. They use tough love at times but I can't think of a single time it didn't move the team, school, and youngster in a more positive direction. Clay is a great situational decision maker and great motivator. Great Coach! His dad, Rocky Baker, put Carlisle football back on the map, and Clay followed suit and has kept them there.  Rocky was always involved in the sidelines starting with the 7th grade to start developing the kids.  Not only as athletes, but as good moral young people. Clay does the same thing. If Henderson hires Clay and gives him the time he deserves to build that program, they will have something to be proud of.  I don't believe there are any finer coaches than Rocky and Clay Baker anywhere. They both have my respect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

I want to say this. If anybody deserves that job, Clay Baker does. He followed in his dad's footsteps when it came to loving the kids. They use tough love at times but I can't think of a single time it didn't move the team, school, and youngster in a more positive direction. Clay is a great situational decision maker and great motivator. Great Coach! His dad, Rocky Baker, put Carlisle football back on the map, and Clay followed suit and has kept them there.  Rocky was always involved in the sidelines starting with the 7th grade to start developing the kids.  Not only as athletes, but as good moral young people. Clay does the same thing. If Henderson hires Clay and gives him the time he deserves to build that program, they will have something to be proud of.  I don't believe there are any finer coaches than Rocky and Clay Baker anywhere. They both have my respect. 

I second that. He needs to come back home. If he ends up being the HC , I have no doubt he will get Henderson back as a contender. 

4 minutes ago, Beastx89 said:

Coach Baker would be a great get for Henderson. Its a big jump from 2A up to 4A, but if you've seen how well that Carlisle program is being ran right now I have no doubt he can rebuild Henderson back into a winner.

Would be interesting to see if Henderson is willing to go with a 2A coach even though I'm sure the list of applicants had plenty of bigger names involved.

I personally think that if you are a good coach, then the level doesn't matter much. However, not everyone thinks that way...

A good coach can coach regardless of the class or level. More kids to pool from in 4A than 2A but regardless of level the kids have to be coached. Watched him at Carlisle and he brought passion with his coaching.  The kids will be coached up. Everyone has to buy into the new voice and new direction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lumberlion said:

A good coach can coach regardless of the class or level. More kids to pool from in 4A than 2A but regardless of level the kids have to be coached. Watched him at Carlisle and he brought passion with his coaching.  The kids will be coached up. Everyone has to buy into the new voice and new direction. 

This would be a great choice IF and only IF he is allowed to coach without interference from administration AND board members or the board members buds and  if he is all allowed to bring in some assistant coaches of HIS choosing...also of great importance would be giving him time to build from the ground up...otherwise the dumpster fire will continue to burn.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, sportsfan122316 said:

So is this a done deal? Baker would be awesome 

Not saying it's a done deal, but even though we here in Carlisle don't want to lose him, he would be a great coach for Henderson. Clay is a good man and a good Coach. I will support the Bakers as long as they are involved anywhere. 

• Like 2

Henderson might just fail up into their best-case scenario. 

20 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

This would be a great choice IF and only IF he is allowed to coach without interference from administration AND board members or the board members buds and  if he is all allowed to bring in some assistant coaches of HIS choosing...also of great importance would be giving him time to build from the ground up...otherwise the dumpster fire will continue to burn.

If district leadership is smart they'll give him what he needs and stay out of his way.