College Football National Droughts

On 2/7/2023 at 1:48 PM, Valhalla said:

UCF's title they claim is just a real as the one that Oklahoma State claims in 1945 lol.

Ok st also claims one they choked away in the b12 championship allowing lsu to win another title

21 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait what? Which year?

OSU has two national championships. The 2011 team was selected by NCAA-designated major selector Colley Matrix, though the Cowboys do not claim this title. In 2016, the AFCA committee (which conducts the Coaches Poll) retroactively selected the 1945 team. Oklahoma State claims the 1945 championship.

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

But LSU didn't win a title either year.

I may have messed that up.  In 2016, I thought that was the year where ok st lost a big game at the end of the year that catapulted LSU into the “2017 NC game” which was the 2016 season.  That may be the one LSU lost though… the epic FG championship 

14 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

I may have messed that up.  In 2016, I thought that was the year where ok st lost a big game at the end of the year that catapulted LSU into the “2017 NC game” which was the 2016 season.  That may be the one LSU lost though… the epic FG championship 

Oh you're thinking 2011. Yeah, the 9-6 regular season game and then more FGs in the championship. Yeah, Ok State lost to Iowa State, I think on a Thursday night. Weird circumstances. 

• Like 1