🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't know anything about them except they win all the time but let's start a thread on them every day..

This is an East Texas heavy site and the most successful team in East Texas has a lot of fans who post on this site.

There is always a lot of discussion and opinion about the program residing south of Marshall, north of Tenaha, and east of Henderson; just the way it is.

Lol knew something like that was coming. It’s an East Texas forum… football offseason… I don’t see any problem with people keeping occupied discussing what they wish. 

Carthage happens to be one of the top programs for the area and state and we have a lot of presence on here. 

I guess you picked Aledo because they have more? Id be happy to discuss it if I followed the team closely each year but I’m afraid I don’t and wouldn’t be able to add much to the convo. I’d love to see what Aledo fans and others in the know would say is their best teams. It’s a fun topic

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't know anything about them except they win all the time but let's start a thread on them every day..

Agreed, All we currently know about Aledo is that they "win all the time", they have "won more than Carthage", and "won at a higher level than Carthage". Need to get some more info.  

Edited by 89Falcon
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Agreed, All we currently know about Aledo is that they "win all the time", they have "won more than Carthage", and "won at a higher level than Carthage". Need to get some more info.  

Yeah, we need some intel! Who are these jokers besting us, they need to quit it?!

😃😜

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

11 football Titles. Coach Buchanan can flat out coach (best in Texas IMO). That's all I know lol.

23 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Okay if you say so lol. Maybe the Aledo posters have more to do than sit around and boast like some of y'all do 🙄

What is it like to be a troll? To have no better, more worthwhile thoughts than to jealous/hate post some other town, school, program, etc.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

What is it like to be a troll? To have no better, more worthwhile thoughts than to jealous/hate post some other town, school, program, etc.  

Why did you click on the thread if you were going to troll people commenting on it?

Did someone make you click on it?

@AledoAlumni help us out when you have time please sir. We understand you have another life besides boasting so whenever you can it will be appreciated.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Okay if you say so lol. Maybe the Aledo posters have more to do than sit around and boast like some of y'all do 🙄

Ha, it’s holiday season, and posting on SDC is fun.

I promise you I have plenty to do just have knocked out a lot it and like seeing what’s happening on here.

How are we boasting?

We’re not talking down to any other fanbases, and I even admitted Aledo has “bested us” to this point.

I mean, what’s the problem?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Why did you click on the thread if you were going to troll people commenting on it?

@AledoAlumni help us out when you have time please sir. We understand you have another life besides boasting so whenever you can it will be appreciated.

I’m not trolling anyone. You starting this thread and saying what you have is trolling. I have responded to ask you why you have the issues you do and to ask what it’s like because I genuinely don’t know what it’s like to be the way you are and feel the way you do. 

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Ask any number of THSF analysts who the best coach is and I guarantee you the majority are going to say Surratt is the best high school coach in Texas, period.

A few years ago when I was already saying that very thing lots of folks laughed and said yeah for 4A and below.  None of them are saying only for 4A and below anymore, and dismissing the opinion that way.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ask any number of THSF analysts who the best coach is and I guarantee you the majority are going to say Surratt is the best high school coach in Texas, period.

A few years ago when I was already saying that very thing lots of folks laughed and said yeah for 4A and below.  None of them are saying only for 4A and below anymore, and dismissing the opinion that way.

:rofl: it's all about opinion sir. Some say Surratt. Some say Buchanan. Some say the Katy coach. Oh, and what about the North Shore coach? Crazy what he's doing in the highest level of Texas football. and etc,etc and etc.  Do you get the drift?

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

:rofl: it's all about opinion sir. Some say Surratt. Some say Buchanan. Some say the Katy coach. Oh, and what about the North Shore coach? Crazy what he's doing in the highest level of Texas football. and etc,etc and etc.  Do you get the drift?

I do get the drift, but don’t think you get it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Here's some crazy numbers...

Katy Football

@Katyfootball

9x State Champs 59 97 00 03 07 08 12 15 20 16x State Finalists 59 94 97 98 99 00 03 05 07 08 09 12 13 14 15 20 3x National Champions 07 12 15 (Booster club)

Yes. That is amazing.  Another stellar program.  To my knowledge no one has said otherwise.  

• Like 1

Aledo has done it with more than one coach and (unless they dropped a district game this season) have not lost in district in like 13 years. With that said...I would take Surratt over any coach in Texas. He took a program that was pretty good but never won big...and turned it into a monster. Idk how Carthage has managed to hold on to him for so long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That’s what the cult does when they are hurt by words. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Aledo has done it with more than one coach and (unless they dropped a district game this season) have not lost in district in like 13 years. With that said...I would take Surratt over any coach in Texas. He took a program that was pretty good but never won big...and turned it into a monster. Idk how Carthage has managed to hold on to him for so long.

You know how that Houston guy said Carthage is in decay, yeah, he’s wrong.

SS and his family love Carthage and raising their children here, it’s a good small East Texas town.

• Mr. P locked this topic