🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

22 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

one final time I will point out that the title of thread coincides with the link.  it clearly does not have several names tied to it. 

thanks for stopping by.

I'm aware what you are saying. However, I'm just letting you know anytime someone says a kid is #1 at any position, there will be other opinions. So relax a little if people have other opinions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I'm aware what you are saying. However, I'm just letting you know anytime someone says a kid is #1 at any position, there will be other opinions. So relax a little if people have other opinions. 

Yep, they dont get the "forum concept". 

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

I am chill.  Curious why not just give the young man some props or say nothing at all vs starting the subjective talk 

it could easily be viewed as Aledo bias on your part.  

appreciate your input 

1) You shut down Todd from giving his opinion. Thought that was rude. So I interjected.

2) Please quote me where I would show bias.

5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Then y’all should be arguing with Dave Campbell, not Jasper Dawg. 

Either that, or participating in an open forum (like Smoaky.com) specifically created for people to express various views on posted subjects. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You’re missing the point. It was DCTF’s opinion. JasperDawg was just sharing the link to give the kid props not giving his personal opinion 

Im aware what the point was. Im not arguing against that kid being the top ranked player. I already said I dont care about the rankings. 

My sister lives in Aledo. It is booming in population. Texas is  booming overall, yes….. but Aledo growth is on steroids. Two massive ranches sold to developers and man, are they developing. I was up there this weekend. 

Edited by Matt

On 2/18/2023 at 5:43 PM, Matt said:

My sister lives in Aledo. It is booming in population. Texas is  booming overall, yes….. but Aledo growth is on steroids. Two massive ranches sold to developers and man, are they developing. I was up there this weekend. 

I live in Aledo also.  The town is being bought out by developers.  It’s kind of sad.  It was a cute quiet 5A town just 5 years ago.  Now it’s looking a lot more like Saginaw and Allen neighborhood cities

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

I live in Aledo also.  The town is being bought out by developers.  It’s kind of sad.  It was a cute quiet 5A town just 5 years ago.  Now it’s looking a lot more like Saginaw and Allen neighborhood cities

I've got a few classmates who live in that area... 

They all used to boast that it was idyllic, county living. On more than one occasion they tried to get me to pull up stakes and throw in my lot with the Bearcats. But now they're starting to freak out about the changes.

I like to remind them that (as they are not Aledo natives) it's mostly their fault.  :woot: 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I've got a few classmates who live in that area... 

They all used to boast that it was idyllic, county living. On more than one occasion they tried to get me to pull up stakes and throw in my lot with the Bearcats. But now they're starting to freak out about the changes.

I like to remind them that (as they are not Aledo natives) it's mostly their fault.  :woot: 

I have to admit, I bought one of the homes in one of the newer bigger developments in Aledo.  I am also partially to blame.  We were also under the impression that us and our neighboring more expensive community would be the only 2 neighborhoods like this on the north side of I-20...  Well, the ranch across the Co Rd just sold like 10,000 acres or something for the next development that is supposed to also have some commercial lots in the front part of it...  Right now, we have 5 developments in Aledo, all currently in development, that will hold over 1000 homes each.

Here is another story from out here...  Brock, also a growing community (likely moving up to 4A next realignment), is also facing similar problems.  However, most of Brock uses well water.  A very small amount of Brock is under Weatherford water.  With that being said, there is not enough water to service these new developments in Brock.  Some of which have been stalled for about a year because of the water issues.  Other notes, Brock voted against annexing into the city of Weatherford which would have solved some of this issue.  Finally, it would take massive infrastructure changes for Brock to move to a public water system, which I don't think they want to do.  It may be unavoidable.

Mineral Wells, Millsap, Peaster, etc (all west of FW growth areas) are finding similar issues outside of their city limits.  

Don't sell your land to DR Horton developers.  They build cheap and cause city infrastructure problems.  They basically leave you with all of their garbage when they sell all of their lots.  DR was recently sued in Alabama (maybe even by the state) for the massive amount of cheap homes that they left to crumble under the massive amounts of rain they get in the southern regions of the state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach Rab said:

I have to admit, I bought one of the homes in one of the newer bigger developments in Aledo.  I am also partially to blame.  We were also under the impression that us and our neighboring more expensive community would be the only 2 neighborhoods like this on the north side of I-20...  Well, the ranch across the Co Rd just sold like 10,000 acres or something for the next development that is supposed to also have some commercial lots in the front part of it...  Right now, we have 5 developments in Aledo, all currently in development, that will hold over 1000 homes each.

Here is another story from out here...  Brock, also a growing community (likely moving up to 4A next realignment), is also facing similar problems.  However, most of Brock uses well water.  A very small amount of Brock is under Weatherford water.  With that being said, there is not enough water to service these new developments in Brock.  Some of which have been stalled for about a year because of the water issues.  Other notes, Brock voted against annexing into the city of Weatherford which would have solved some of this issue.  Finally, it would take massive infrastructure changes for Brock to move to a public water system, which I don't think they want to do.  It may be unavoidable.

Mineral Wells, Millsap, Peaster, etc (all west of FW growth areas) are finding similar issues outside of their city limits.  

Don't sell your land to DR Horton developers.  They build cheap and cause city infrastructure problems.  They basically leave you with all of their garbage when they sell all of their lots.  DR was recently sued in Alabama (maybe even by the state) for the massive amount of cheap homes that they left to crumble under the massive amounts of rain they get in the southern regions of the state.

I had one high school chum who moved from Aledo to Argyle a couple years ago when he saw the writing on the wall. He swears Argyle is the new Aledo.  🤣

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I had one high school chum who moved from Aledo to Argyle a couple years ago when he saw the writing on the wall. He swears Argyle is the new Aledo.  🤣

Argyle will grow as fast or faster than Aledo if the city allows it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m old enough to remember Plano in the 1960s. I lived in Lake Highlands and Garland. By early 1970s, Plano was doing what Aledo is doing now. 

Most of Plano in the 90s was flat dirt off of the interstate.   It’s wild how much that has changed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently moved to Brock and my wife and I are drilling a well because of the water issue.  We have this beautiful home but can't afford the water bill for the lawn.  Previous owners told us that is what they would do.  Didn't think it would be that bad.  I was wrong. Never lived in a place were the water bill can be higher than the electric.

School is wonderful. Infrastructure is lacking.  My wife works for Aledo and I would agree they have growing pains.  Probably will split into two high schools soon.  I believe Aledo's school district covers 121 square miles.  I-30/I-20 can't handle the traffic too boot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic