Girls basketball State Tournament match ups

lionpride08

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ridiculously good girls basketball in District 13. 

Combination of that and other districts just arent very good. D13 will have 2 representatives at the Regional tournament again and all 4 likely in the 3rd round as Mineola will have a great chance to beat Waskom. 

5 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

The UIL needs to do something about this to make sports more equitable.

I guess the uil could require schools the size of Winnsboro and MPCH to play volleyball. The basketball kids would probably still only play basketball so they could start offseason workouts the day school starts. I don’t know if there is a good fix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I guess the uil could require schools the size of Winnsboro and MPCH to play volleyball. The basketball kids would probably still only play basketball so they could start offseason workouts the day school starts. I don’t know if there is a good fix. 

MPCH does play volleyball.  Actually made the playoffs this year.  

15 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Surely you didnt fall for that guys jokes

I think that Region 1 is currently the most wide open. Region 2 is a little more clear cut, Pottsboro and Winnsboro will likely battle it out for the state berth. Region 3 is clear cut, its Fairfield and then the rest. Region 4 has 2 good teams, Lytle and Rio Hondo and they will play in the Regional Semis so whoever wins that game will take the Region. I currently give the edge to Rio Hondo

• lionpride08 changed the title to Girls basketball second round match ups
  • lionpride08 changed the title to Girls basketball State Tournament match ups
  • RETIREDFAN1 locked this topic