Girls basketball State Tournament match ups

lionpride08

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

@JasonDellaRosa Looking forward to the matchup. Any insight you can provide? Read your article from last nights game. 

Gunter is a young bunch -- just one senior and they only roll with eight, so foul trouble on the right/wrong people can be an issue. They've got two girls that are pretty good on threes and they have good length. Maybe a year ahead of schedule based on the freshmen and sophs.

They are just really solid, which you expect at this point. There's not one glaring weakness in the games I've done. Obviously they'll be underdogs going against defending region champs. 

4 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Gunter is a young bunch -- just one senior and they only roll with eight, so foul trouble on the right/wrong people can be an issue. They've got two girls that are pretty good on threes and they have good length. Maybe a year ahead of schedule based on the freshmen and sophs.

They are just really solid, which you expect at this point. There's not one glaring weakness in the games I've done. Obviously they'll be underdogs going against defending region champs. 

Ive been very impressed with everything ive watched. Will definitely be a battle out there. Really enjoy all the articles too. 

4a district 18 still has three teams playing (Madisonville, Jacksonville, and Palestine).  Hudson was the other playoff team.  Bullard was in this district as well and didn't make the playoffs.  Hudson beat Jacksonville both times, Jacksonville beat Bullard both times, and Bullard beat Hudson by 20 and lost by 3 or it would have been chaos in who was in and not.  Jacksonville also beat a district champ in round 1. Tough district.

22 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Pottsboro over Edgewood 47-35 to finalize your 4 Region 2 representatives and make it 2 from Dist. 11 and 2 from Dist. 13

MP Chapel Hill vs. Pottsboro 6pm 2/24

Winnsboro vs. Gunter 7:30pm 2/24

Goodness Edgewood smh.

Well I think you will be right Potts vs Winny in region title game. 

11 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

FF 71

Koff 26 

Final

Koff kept it interesting and close for the 1st qtr then FF took over as usual

Hey yall came out firing man that first Q was nice but like ya said Brackens took over.

You see Burks had 41 last night against Mexia she is trouble!

Rice beat Mexia 63-58

Set up region 3:

Fairfield vs Hitchcook Should be a close game till 3rd

Rice vs Kountze IDK much about Kountze but of burks keeps this up man they will get their shot at FF

• lionpride08 changed the title to Girls basketball Regional Tournament match ups

From my pal Gabe over at SETX....

All games are on Friday February 24th.

2A - #4 Tenaha vs. Martins Mill @ Athens ISD 

2A - #10 Big Sandy vs. Goldthwaite @ Buda Johnson High School 8:00pm

3A - #12 Kountze vs. Rice @ Midway High School 

4A - #7 Hardin-Jefferson vs #3 La Vega @ Bryan High School 

5A - #14 Barbers Hill vs. #9 Hendrickson @ Merrell Center 7:30pm 

6A - #9 Summer Creek vs. Memorial @ Aldine High ISD

12 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Hey yall came out firing man that first Q was nice but like ya said Brackens took over.

You see Burks had 41 last night against Mexia she is trouble!

Rice beat Mexia 63-58

Set up region 3:

Fairfield vs Hitchcook Should be a close game till 3rd

Rice vs Kountze IDK much about Kountze but of burks keeps this up man they will get their shot at FF

Yeah I saw that. I don't think it'll matter. FF has too much. 

4 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Surprising score...at halftime:

Gunter 17

Winny 14

Winny with 15 turnovers!!!!! 

Winnsboro better start passing the ball to break the full court pressure or they may be in trouble.  Good news is they only gave up 8 points to Gunter in that terrible second quarter.  Just need to get back under control and play their game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Sorry I lost the radio feed!! Winny cut down on the turnovers and played like they should!!!

Sets up a rematch with MP Chappell Hill for the third time!!

I was trying to watch on NFHS and the feed was terrible.  Prosper High School is one of the nicest high schools I have ever been in.  I know they have top notch internet service.  NFHS better get that fixed before 1pm tomorrow!

Winnsboro put Acker on the inbounds for their full court pressure of Gunter in Q3 and it worked.  Gunter had lots of turnovers in the second half.  On offense, the Lady Raiders passed the ball to beat the press.  They hit a few big 3’s and got the ball inside to Acker for some easy buckets.  Now go win the region and earn a trip to the state tourney!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I was trying to watch on NFHS and the feed was terrible.  Prosper High School is one of the nicest high schools I have ever been in.  I know they have top notch internet service.  NFHS better get that fixed before 1pm tomorrow!

Winnsboro put Acker on the inbounds for their full court pressure of Gunter in Q3 and it worked.  Gunter had lots of turnovers in the second half.  On offense, the Lady Raiders passed the ball to beat the press.  They hit a few big 3’s and got the ball inside to Acker for some easy buckets.  Now go win the region and earn a trip to the state tourney!

I don't know what happened to the radio feed but I couldn't get it until late in the fourth.

I tried NFHS during football season and had a really bad experience!! Their broadcast was terrible and then they continued to bill me for 4 months and I couldn't do a thing about it. There is no way to contact them by phone, only email which I did many times. Finally I found their Facebook page and posted a pretty nasty review and got immediate response!! They finally agreed to refund one of the months that they had auto charged me so I got ripped for 3 months of service I didn't use or want!!!! Never again!!!!

• lionpride08 changed the title to Girls basketball State Tournament match ups
  • RETIREDFAN1 locked this topic