Simms Bowie Open

MattStepp

1 hour ago, BigWhoop said:

Looking at the job posting on THSCA, pretty generic, you think they have the candidate they want?

only open 14 days too.. Kind of like the ore city post which is open 9 days including the day posted. Both seem to know the direction they want to go. 

4 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Do they still require that applicants attach a picture of themselves with their resume?

I dang sure hope so, my ugly mug is on there. Surely that will get me at least an interview or heck, should get me at least into the finals lmao.

17 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Do they still require that applicants attach a picture of themselves with their resume?

slippery slope there.. surprised they can require that legally.  I think all applications should be blind applications. All should be done through a third part. No name, just applicant #1, experience years ( not where at), HC experience, record, PF, PA, coaching Philosophy, systems wanting to run, OC/DC experience, assistant roles,  Offseason expectations, and a couple of key points to their program. to many times its the name or the face that matters. That way the board, committee, and sup have to really know "their man" to push them through. After they pick they call the 3rd party to notify applicant #1,3,7 whomever to interview. Then they get a name and face. 

6 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

slippery slope there.. surprised they can require that legally.  I think all applications should be blind applications. All should be done through a third part. No name, just applicant #1, experience years ( not where at), HC experience, record, PF, PA, coaching Philosophy, systems wanting to run, OC/DC experience, assistant roles,  Offseason expectations, and a couple of key points to their program. to many times its the name or the face that matters. That way the board, committee, and sup have to really know "their man" to push them through. After they pick they call the 3rd party to notify applicant #1,3,7 whomever to interview. Then they get a name and face. 

Very interesting thought there Slick. IMHO I do think it matters where a person has coached and WHO they have been around, both from a positive and negative perspective. The other thing I wonder about, let's say you send over your offensive and defensive systems and your offseason expectations, are the people in that room qualified or knowledgeable enough to know what they are looking at and discern the differences between the candidates? I definitely think you have a very interesting thought here!  

• 3 weeks later...