๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€โšพ๐ŸฅŽ โšฝ๐ŸSFA 2023 ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€โšพ๐ŸฅŽโšฝ๐Ÿ

RETIREDFAN1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:44 AM, topher805 said:

ย 

Just disband the program already. There is no support. There is not growth or future until they can truly commit to building a DI program. I love baseball, but this is embarrassing.ย 

You are correct sir....most of the kids even around here play at better facilities than Sfa hasย 

On 12/24/2023 at 2:34 PM, bigdawg16 said:

You are correct sir....most of the kids even around here play at better facilities than Sfa hasย 

East Texas for years has had some of the best athletes in a lot of sports, and when they are winning, you look at their roster, it is made up of ET athletes for the most part. And even when I was in college decades ago, baseball should have been recruiting the ET area, Lufkin and Tyler have had plenty of baseball players go through there, plus they should be recruiting the area junior colleges for those players that don't get draft by MLB. But until they commit to the process, they will just be another ho-hum program and anyone that might have a great season, will depart for the NIL money the next chance they get.ย 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, PostSurfer said:

KLTV reports Ivey to Louisiana Tech.......

Not surprised with the wheels starting to come off in the programs. I'm sure the UT transition had something to do with it too.

Hate to see him go, I liked his vision and he did a lot in his tenure that was very good. That said, hopefully we can build on what he started and replace some parts that need addressing (Menโ€™s sports in general)

Carthel was Ivey's guy so I wouldn't be surprised on a near future change there.ย 

Basketball programs need a kick in the butt, seeing some decline there. W VB and Bowling are now the marquee programs. Track is respectable.

Everything else nobody seems to care.

Edited by PostSurfer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†

Max Quick, Tkai Lloyd, Marje Smith, and Amad Murray will show what they got this Tuesday at Homer Bryce.

#AxeEm x #RaiseTheAxe

FB_IMG_1710956092136.jpg

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†

Max Quick, Tkai Lloyd, Marje Smith, and Amad Murray will show what they got this Tuesday at Homer Bryce.

#AxeEm x #RaiseTheAxe

FB_IMG_1710956092136.jpg

Were they there last season? .... if so, are we going to get more of the same? .....

Basketball is a dumpster fire right now.ย 

Hayman, Jossell, Christmas, Beaubrun, and Hall are all in the portal. More expected to join...

ย 

I feel like Carthel either gets the axe when they hire the new AD or gets the axe after next year under the new AD.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Hayman, Jossell, Christmas, Beaubrun, and Hall are all in the portal. More expected to join...

ย 

I feel like Carthel either gets the axe when they hire the new AD or gets the axe after next year under the new AD.

Basketball coach needs to follow him out the door .....

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

ย 

Carthel should already be fired .... I really thought he was going to turn the SFA program around ....ย 

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Carthel should already be fired .... I really thought he was going to turn the SFA program around ....ย 

Agreed. He was a home run hire. He brought the program back. If they do not make a change, he will send it right back to where it wasโ€ฆ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like the menโ€™s basketball team is getting 2 good ones from the portal - one from UMass and the other who was set to go to Kansas last year but ended up going to Texas.ย