Students walk out of Alabama school due to black history program being censored

ctown81

When might we see a Chinese History Month, or an Irish History Month?  Both looked down upon as second class citizens.  But for the Chinese would we have our Railroads?  And “Irish need not apply” signs.

To quote Morgan Freeman, “Black History is American History”, as is Chinese and the Irish.  But since many Americans seemed to have gone crazy lately why not the black community.

Btw, I have no idea what’s going on in Alabama.  The walkout may be justified.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This is a new low for schools. 

I mean, I don't think it's a new low. At one time those kids wouldn't have all been at the same school.

That said, there was nothing in that report but a bunch of "they were told".  I guess there was nothing in writing?  The district's response was pretty lame, so it seems like it was true.  Seems like an asinine thing for a district to do.  As much as most of us want the country not to erase history, taking those things out of a history program is dumb, be it "black" history or any other history.  I would like to know the full run down.  Was this one employee who told them this?  The principal?  Superintendent?  Could be a case of a small number of people made the whole district look like jackwagons.

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I mean, I don't think it's a new low. At one time those kids wouldn't have all been at the same school.

That said, there was nothing in that report but a bunch of "they were told".  I guess there was nothing in writing?  The district's response was pretty lame, so it seems like it was true.  Seems like an asinine thing for a district to do.  As much as most of us want the country not to erase history, taking those things out of a history program is dumb, be it "black" history or any other history.  I would like to know the full run down.  Was this one employee who told them this?  The principal?  Superintendent?  Could be a case of a small number of people made the whole district look like jackwagons.

Valid questions.  In today’s news, often there is more of the reporters opinions than facts.  Who do you trust?  If any of you find that out, please let me know.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

When might we see a Chinese History Month, or an Irish History Month?  Both looked down upon as second class citizens.  But for the Chinese would we have our Railroads?  And “Irish need not apply” signs.

To quote Morgan Freeman, “Black History is American History”, as is Chinese and the Irish.  But since many Americans seemed to have gone crazy lately why not the black community.

Btw, I have no idea what’s going on in Alabama.  The walkout may be justified.

Asians- the month of May

Irish- March

I’d like to know how many Americans are 100% of a foreign nationality.  Blacks with white blood.  Whites with black blood.  Irish with a Jewish grandmother.  In the scheme of things, very few (which makes reparations absurd).  Thus all this different nationality months is absurd.  We’re all Americans.  Get over it.

Edited by Hagar

7 hours ago, ObiOne said:
May

May is Jewish American Heritage Month – On April 20, 2006, President George W. Bush proclaimed that May would be Jewish American Heritage Month.

Well this is getting good.

On May 1, 2009, President Barack Obama signed Proclamation 8369, recognizing the month of May as Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.[1][27]

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’d like to know how many Americans are 100% of a foreign nationality.  Blacks with white blood.  Whites with black blood.  Irish with a Jewish grandmother.  In the scheme of things, very few (which makes reparations absurd).  Thus all this different nationality months is absurd.  We’re all Americans.  Get over it.

If they included all Americans in history accurately, we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

• Like 2