Mass Shooting of the Week

BarryLaverty

@EnjoyLife run those gun numbers again without 5 cities in America and we will be lower than all those countries you listed and omitted. 
why don’t I hear you screaming about cleaning up inner cities?  Some rancher in Texas or Idaho guns  isn’t the problem with you stats.  Stop trying to void our constitution while not solving the problem that you are lamenting. 

On 2/23/2023 at 7:40 AM, PepeSilvia said:

You’re right, I guess it is a fact that people who feel the need to carry a gun on them at all times are scared pansies. 

Maybe if one of those scared pansies would have had a gun on them yesterday 6 innocent people wouldn't have been shot by a tranny that was mad that she had to attend the school in the 3rd and 4th grade.  I'd rather see one of those scared pansies taking out a guy at a restaurant or anywhere else that was waving around a gun threating and robbing people.  

I suppose you think it's okay for criminals to have guns and commit random acts of violence in crime so you "think" that you're actually safe because a cop will respond 10 minutes after that criminal shoots you, your wife, or kids you may have.  

On 3/4/2023 at 10:27 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Texas and Louisiana are both red states, but all of the shootings happen in blue run cities that have tighter gun controls in most cases.  Try again.  

On 2/21/2023 at 3:21 PM, EnjoyLife said:

I would guess that the reason so many mass shooters choose AR style weapons is for the large magazine capacity. They are not inherently more powerful or dangerous than my Ruger bolt action...but my rifle only holds 5 rounds and you have to manually cycle it between shots...and it takes time to reload. Even though civilian ARs are not capable of full auto they can still empty a 30 round magazine in seconds giving them a tremendous rate of fire...and swapping out magazines is super quick. The guy in Dayton had a 100 round drum and fired 49 rounds and shot over 20 people in less than a minute. I think that is why many people focus on ARs.

Guarantee that in a target rich environment, a person with an 870 shotgun with double ought buck can do just as much damage as an “assault rifle”.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You forgot to include this one. Wonder why? And remember, they have some of the restricts gun laws of any.

Despite recent improvements, Mexico's homicide rate remains near historical highs, at 26.6 deaths per 100,000 people, resulting in over 34,000 victims. This equates to 94 homicides per day on average in 2021.

I'm gonna guess you will not get a response to those FACTS!

I did not include Mexico for the same reason I did not include any other third world countries. Mexico is becoming a lawless narco state thanks to Americans love of drugs and comparing that nation to supposedly advanced nations would be comparing apples and oranges. 

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

All these facts ran him off.....he's gotta go read up on his Marx to see how to obfuscate........:rofl:

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

I did not include Mexico for the same reason I did not include any other third world countries. Mexico is becoming a lawless narco state thanks to Americans love of drugs and comparing that nation to supposedly advanced nations would be comparing apples and oranges. 

Told y'all .......

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

That there are too many guns and we need stricter gun laws? Did I guess right?

On the first part...I do think the sheer abundance of guns in the US plays a part in our high rates of violence. Easy access = easy opportunity. On the second part...If I thought more gun laws would do the trick I would support them...but there are already 20k gun laws on the books...and that is why I have never advocated for more stringent gun control. I am a gun owner...just because I do not have a gun fetish does not mean I am anti-gun. To really change the dynamic in this country we have got to change the culture. Too many broken families...too much hopelessness...too many drugs...etc.

2 hours ago, Olduy said:

Guarantee that in a target rich environment, a person with an 870 shotgun with double ought buck can do just as much damage as an “assault rifle”.

Back when I hunted ducks I used an 870. No doubt up close it would do a lot of damage...but it only held I think 5 rounds (mine was plugged to only hold 2 in the mag and 1 in the chamber for waterfowl) and reloading was a much slower process than swapping mags on an AR. 

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Too many untreated mentally ill libnut perverts going around killing people.......

So does the govt step in and make sure that every diagnosed mentally ill person can get their medicine even though they can't afford it ?  Medicine for mental illness is one of the most expensive medicine their is.  It is usually on the top tier on your pay charts for people who have insurance.   

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

So does the govt step in and make sure that every diagnosed mentally ill person can get their medicine even though they can't afford it ?  Medicine for mental illness is one of the most expensive medicine their is.  It is usually on the top tier on your pay charts for people who have insurance.   

State funded asylums?

12 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

More victim blaming....

10 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

8 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

State funded asylums?

Yeah, we shut down all the state funded mental hospitals....