Mass Shooting of the Week

BarryLaverty

10 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

So does the govt step in and make sure that every diagnosed mentally ill person can get their medicine even though they can't afford it ?  Medicine for mental illness is one of the most expensive medicine their is.  It is usually on the top tier on your pay charts for people who have insurance.   

That would be a good start.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

That would be a good start.

Here's the issue, though...

If the "mentally ill" (regardless of condition) are taking medication, would you still allow them to have firearms?

And what counts as a "mental illness"? Who decides? How do you keep it from becoming political?

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

More victim blaming....

Victim blaming? Now I am really confused. I thought conservatives were all about personal responsibility? The cartels would not even exist and all that dope would not be flowing across the border if Americans were not buying it.

9 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Victim blaming? Now I am really confused. I thought conservatives were all about personal responsibility? The cartels would not even exist and all that dope would not be flowing across the border if Americans were not buying it.

I do believe in personal responsibility, absolutely.  But I also understand drug addiction.  The ease of access to drugs in our country, caused in great part by our poor border security, puts addicts in the presence of drugs.  It's not as simple as saying "stop doing drugs".  But the compassionate left doesn't seem to care that we have a free-flowing stream of drugs coming in to our country on a daily basis.  I believe drug addicts got themselves into their mess.  You can't be addicted to something you have never done.  I also understand how hard it is for people to quit drugs.  I've seen it first-hand with family and friends.  Many have to move away from known places to get away from people they know who do drugs.  If they weren't so available, it would definitely stem the tide.

6 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I do believe in personal responsibility, absolutely.  But I also understand drug addiction.  The ease of access to drugs in our country, caused in great part by our poor border security, puts addicts in the presence of drugs.  It's not as simple as saying "stop doing drugs".  But the compassionate left doesn't seem to care that we have a free-flowing stream of drugs coming in to our country on a daily basis.  I believe drug addicts got themselves into their mess.  You can't be addicted to something you have never done.  I also understand how hard it is for people to quit drugs.  I've seen it first-hand with family and friends.  Many have to move away from known places to get away from people they know who do drugs.  If they weren't so available, it would definitely stem the tide.

Good post. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Maybe if one of those scared pansies would have had a gun on them yesterday 6 innocent people wouldn't have been shot by a tranny that was mad that she had to attend the school in the 3rd and 4th grade.  I'd rather see one of those scared pansies taking out a guy at a restaurant or anywhere else that was waving around a gun threating and robbing people.  

I suppose you think it's okay for criminals to have guns and commit random acts of violence in crime so you "think" that you're actually safe because a cop will respond 10 minutes after that criminal shoots you, your wife, or kids you may have.  

That was an ignorant comment even for your standards.  If there were proper gun legislation that included red flag laws then this individual would not have been able to legally obtain a firearm.  You can go ahead and continue living a life of fear.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's the issue, though...

If the "mentally ill" (regardless of condition) are taking medication, would you still allow them to have firearms?

And what counts as a "mental illness"? Who decides? How do you keep it from becoming political?

People that know more about mental health issues than me would have to make those decisions...but we have to start somewhere. What we are now doing...or not doing...does not seem to be working. Probably no way to keep it from becoming political...because now days everything is political.

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

People that know more about mental health issues than me would have to make those decisions...but we have to start somewhere. What we are now doing...or not doing...does not seem to be working. Probably no way to keep it from becoming political...because now days everything is political.

The problem with "mental" health issues and those deciding who could be on some kind of list.....well, it will become pretty political quickly, as people will be purchasing "mental" health issues for others, because that is what goes on in this country......"Mental Health" doctors will be "red listing" hundreds of people that others pay for. It is just another way to keep people controlled. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Probably no way to keep it from becoming political...because now days everything is political.

Don't you see that as an issue, though?

How about someone on the Autism spectrum? Should they have a firearm? Someone with Dissociative identity disorder? A Narcissist? A Psychopath? A recovering addict? Someone with dysphoria?

How often did we see in the media "Trump is clearly mentally ill!!" And even by doctors who should not be making those types of diagnoses. According to them, Trump probably shouldn't have a gun, because he's "clearly" mentally ill.

See the problem?

Edited by Monte1076

12 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

The problem with "mental" health issues and those deciding who could be on some kind of list.....well, it will become pretty political quickly, as people will be purchasing "mental" health issues for others, because that is what goes on in this country......"Mental Health" doctors will be "red listing" hundreds of people that others pay for. It is just another way to keep people controlled. 

The other issue with "red flag" laws is that sometimes you don't know until after the fact. Recall all the stories you hear about the person who, one day, just "snaps".

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Don't you see that as an issue, though?

How about someone on the Autism spectrum? Should they have a firearm? Someone with Dissociative identity disorder? A Narcissist? A recovering addict? Someone with dysphoria?

See the problem?

Sure I see the problem...so what is the answer? Do nothing? Continue to live with a homicide rate that is many times higher than our peers? Guns are used in about 2/3s of homicides in the US...but even if you remove all gun homicides our non-gun murder rate is still higher than our peers total murder rate. Something is wrong in the US.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

That was an ignorant comment even for your standards.  If there were proper gun legislation that included red flag laws then this individual would not have been able to legally obtain a firearm.  You can go ahead and continue living a life of fear.

And we all know that legally obtained firearms are the only ones killers use.  I'm sure someone who was hellbent on murdering 9 year old children was going to be stopped by a law saying IT couldn't buy one.  Just like the law that said It couldn't carry one on campus, discharge it into the door, or use it to murder people stopped It from doing all of those things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PepeSilvia said:

If a person is too crazy to own a gun, they are too crazy to own a knife, they are too crazy to own a car.  

They should either be under 24 hour care or be in a mental hospital.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

People obtain guns illegally all the time. Your laws are dumb, they only apply to law abiding citizens. 

Edited by Youngcoach123
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

You do realize you can get a firearm illegally right and most criminals don’t follow the law? Pretty sure legitimate gun owners already pass a federal background check. Gun laws won’t fix the issue and liberals are the ones in fear lol.  That was hilarious that you tried that line on conservatives.

8 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

You do realize you can get a firearm illegally right and most criminals don’t follow the law? 

All criminals don't follow the law.  Otherwise they would be law abiding citizens and not criminals.  

• Thanks 1