Mass Shooting of the Week

BarryLaverty

8 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

That was an ignorant comment even for your standards.  If there were proper gun legislation that included red flag laws then this individual would not have been able to legally obtain a firearm.  You can go ahead and continue living a life of fear.

You're the ignorant one that thinks that gun laws would stop people from owning guns.  It was shown in this very thread that Mexico has a massive gun problem even with some of the strictest gun laws in the world.  You can own a gun, but it can't leave your domicile unless you are hunting or go to a shooting range.  Your gun can be confiscated by the federales at any drop of a hat if they desire.  

What's amazing in the Nashville case as with many other mass shootings officers or the FBI were notified, and nothing was done.  I'd rather have someone with a gun at schools (preferably multiple people) than just trust God will protect them as was done with this school.  I've read stories of gun violence in rich and poor sections of cities and towns, and I'd rather people be armed with the tools necessary to take out a threat.  

3 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

B3E8408C-D1A9-4733-8EF0-56FEEA4FBA4D.jpeg

With your meme I see exactly you're buying into the Dumbocrat, celebrity, lamestream media approach to the shooting.  Let's worry about guns and not the freak show they have created while defending the freak that shot these three children and three adults, because they were mad that they once had to attend the school and they chose it, because those children and adults were just sitting ducks thanks to their logic which is just like yours.  

I would bet any teacher or Administrator at that school is now contemplating having someone with a gun on that campus.  I can also guarantee that most if not all of those kids are afraid to go back to that school.  Had someone taken that shooter out, before they did any damage they would have thought that person was a hero taking out a bad person.  

23 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's the issue, though...

If the "mentally ill" (regardless of condition) are taking medication, would you still allow them to have firearms?

And what counts as a "mental illness"? Who decides? How do you keep it from becoming political?

Right, all libtards are mentally ill .....

31 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

72033DBD-7B51-4DC9-A54F-CCA93050613B.jpeg

Being able to protect my family, and more importantly my wife and daughter being able to protect themselves if they are physically outmatched by an assailant is paramount.  Also, I believe in the 2nd amendment and that it was written to keep the government in check.  I think those guys were smarter than you, so I'll take their word for it over a wannabe meme lord.

Fact is, you have no answers.  We all know that "assault weapons" account for a small percentage of people killed in the US every year.  So when that doesn't make a dent, the next step will be to ban the rest of the guns just like Canada.  If that's what you want, move to any of the hundreds of other countries with extreme gun laws.  I hear Mexico along the US border is real nice.  Prolly get a place pretty cheap.

You guys are always telling the rest of us how great they do things in Europe.  Have fun!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

We all know that "assault weapons" account for a small percentage of people killed in the US every year.

Do they? Democrats and "the left" can't define "assault weapon".

And don't forget, many of them apparently don't know what a "semi-automatic" is, either. Semi-automatics are the most prevalent handguns and rifles. A very high percentage of pistols are semi-automatic. Most rifles are, too.

Edited by Monte1076

14 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Do they? Democrats and "the left" can't define "assault weapon".

And don't forget, many of them apparently don't know what a "semi-automatic" is, either. Semi-automatics are the most prevalent handguns and rifles. A very high percentage of pistols are semi-automatic. Most rifles are, too.

Those with the least knowledge of firearms have the most to say about them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Armed personnel at schools work

I have continuously called for that, as in police or security guards. I think the suggestion that anyone wants shootings to happen if they don't want to arm TEACHERS, is heinous #####. That is why I said what I said. 

14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I have continuously called for that, as in police or security guards. I think the suggestion that anyone wants shootings to happen if they don't want to arm TEACHERS, is heinous #####. That is why I said what I said. 

God forbid any individual have the right to protect themselves in other words. Noted. If only Uvalde had cops at the school.