17 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

I’m shocked that Smithson valley dropped down last go around.

Comal ISD has built new schools. SV dropping made sense.

Meanwhile, Desoto ISD just loss over 1,000 kids in thin air. If this is true, they had to have landed somewhere. Are Lancaster and Red Oak about to move up? 

Is that some of the reason Waxahachie ISD is growing so fast?

• Wow 1

32 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

How many signatures do you think the UIL needs to keep DeSoto in 6A lol? I can fake a lot of signatures. 

I thought about it. I said if they drop Aledo and Longview won't be the favorites. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Longview has wins over DeSoto tho 

No one said they didn't. We are not talking about 10+ years ago. Desoto wasn't the program they are now when Longview narrowly defeated them.

Edited by VonG

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Comal ISD has built new schools. SV dropping made sense.

Meanwhile, Desoto ISD just loss over 1,000 kids in thin air. If this is true, they had to have landed somewhere. Are Lancaster and Red Oak about to move up? 

Is that some of the reason Waxahachie ISD is growing so fast?

Lancaster is likely to move up. They are sitting ar 2253. The cutoff was at 2225.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, VonG said:

I could see Desoto, Lancaster, Highland Park, JT, Longview, North Mesquite, McKinney North, and possibly Lufkin. I think West Mesquite would join 6a.

Leave Lufkin out of the North. We had better travel going South, competition just as good. You guys are closer.

30 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Leave Lufkin out of the North. We had better travel going South, competition just as good. You guys are closer.

Better travel, yep.

Better comp? Explain.

Longview and Lancaster were both ranked top 5 last season and will be this season. Forney will probably open up somewhere in the top 30....

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I thought about it. I said if they drop Aledo and Longview won't be the favorites. 

Maybe.

Aledo was growing pretty good last I saw...could be moving up themselves. They're at 2,227 with another large 8th class coming in this fall. 

For Longview, 2,361. 2,170 at the HS, 191 at Lead but Lead calculations will probably keep us below the cutoff. There isnt a year coming up in the foreseeable future that I don't give the Lobos potential to be a final 4 team. That's how much talent is coming up the pipeline.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Maybe.

Aledo was growing pretty good last I saw...could be moving up themselves. They're at 2,227 with another large 8th class coming in this fall. 

For Longview, 2,361. 2,170 at the HS, 191 at Lead but Lead calculations will probably keep us below the cutoff. There isnt a year coming up in the foreseeable future that I don't give the Lobos potential to be a final 4 team. That's how much talent is coming up the pipeline.

Longview will be great no doubt. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Better travel, yep.

Better comp? Explain.

Longview and Lancaster were both ranked top 5 last season and will be this season. Forney will probably open up somewhere in the top 30....

I think he means the competition would be better for them because the schools would be more evenly matched. I think that's what he is saying. I could be wrong. We all know the teams down south are not better than the Longview and Lancaster's of the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

How did they lose 500 kids at their high school in one year?  crazy

Who knows? My brother lives in Desoto and he said people are sending their kids out of district. His kids go to Desoto elementary and said when they get to high school they are not going to Desoto high school. 

• Like 1