Spring interview with the best defensive lineman in the district, Longview '24 DL Billy Smith. The 6'1 240 pounder is fresh off an all state season. A lot of Longview greats come out of Judson and Foster, but Billy is a Forest Park kid.

• Like 1

Lancaster '25 QB JaQuavius Pipkin with first D1 offer from Grambling State.

Lancaster now has 2 D1 QBs on the roster with '25 QB Carter Jones receiving his first offer from Arizona recently.

Wow

21 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

From the looks of it Mcfall will be at WR as of right now. The defense has changed to a 3-3-5 to roll down to a 3-4

I believe that's what he is going to play in college. He doesn't have a running back frame. 

52 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

From look of the spring game I watch while thing first this is getting a center to snap the ball to many bad snaps offense still looks like last year but maybe it was this 335 that was better 

The center snap can be fixed, it’s just going to take some time. The offense did get better. Expecting a miracle over night. The offensive line play did get better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

The center snap can be fixed, it’s just going to take some time. 

Co-sign. It's the easiest thing to practice and fix. I doubt it'll be an issue by summer's end. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I didn't attend, but I notice this spring that the numbers are down in the program. Probably expected with a new coach, but I thought afternoon practices would help. I think I counted something between 60-70 players.  Probably needs to be at least 80 if you want to field a JV and Varsity next yr.

There are a few  players I was looking for who were big contributors to the team last yr, like Drummer at RB and Neal at LB, but I didn't see them. But it appears  the majority of the returning major players stayed with the program. Looks like a battle for qb spot between collins and williams.

Its probably hard to tell if there is improvement in a spring game, but I like the new coach demeanor.  Hopefully this translates to wins.  looking forward to upcoming season. Hopefully the upper classmen numbers will increase in the fall. 

Edited by JTFAN99

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't attend, but I notice this spring that the numbers are down in the program. Probably expected with a new coach, but I thought afternoon practices would help. I think I counted something between 60-70 players.  Probably needs to be at least 80 if you want to field a JV and Varsity next yr.

There are a few  players I was looking for who were big contributors to the team last yr, like Drummer at RB and Neal at LB, but I didn't see them. But it appears  the majority of the returning major players stayed with the program. Looks like a battle for qb spot between collins and williams.

Its probably hard to tell if there is improvement in a spring game, but I like the new coach demeanor.  Hopefully this translates to wins.  looking forward to upcoming season. Hopefully the upper classmen numbers will increase in the fall. 

Damn that's not a good look if they only had 60-70 players. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Sometimes that happens. The new coach comes in the parents or players don’t like changes that he has put in. Some parents were mad that Holmes was let go.