Longview, Lufkin, Lancaster, McKinney North, Forney and Tyler (if McFall's playing RB) all have guys in the backfield with D1 offers.

If you want to see talent in the backfield, there isnt a better district in Texas than 7-5A D1. Same goes for secondary.

• Like 3

I don't know where to put this information at. I'm not about to start a new thread for it. Lee has a new safeties coach on staff from Longview, TX. I would mark him down as Longview legend. None other than Friday Night Lights actor. The one and only Lee Jackson. Welcome to Lee, Lee. Lol.

Screenshot_20230327_161206_Chrome.jpg

Edited by VonG
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, VonG said:

I don't know where to put this information at. I'm not about to start a new thread for it. Lee has a new safeties coach on staff from Longview, TX. I would mark him down as Longview legend. None other than Friday Nights actor. The one and only Lee Jackson. Welcome to Lee, Lee. Lol.

Screenshot_20230327_161206_Chrome.jpg

Crazy.

Lee Jackson's daddy also named (Lee Jackson) coached me at Longview's Foster Middle School from 1976-1978 about two years before "LeeJ." was born (1980).

The Senior Coach Jackson definitely "marked" his son...if you get my "drift" !!

R.J.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

Crazy.

Do you know where he was coaching before coming to Lee? I didn't realize he was coaching. I was looking him up and couldn't find anything about him coaching at any other school. It's alot of Lee Jackson's out there. 

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VonG said:

Do you know where he was coaching before coming to Lee? I didn't realize he was coaching. I was looking him up and couldn't find anything about him coaching at any other school. It's alot of Lee Jackson's out there. 

VonG...

Apparently, this will be Jackson's first "foray" into Coaching. Not sure exactly what he's been doing BUT he and new Legacy Head Coach Beau Trahan were college teammates at Texas in the very early 2000's !

There's your connection for his new gig !

R.J.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

VonG...

Apparently, this will be Jackson's first "foray" into Coaching. Not sure exactly what he's been doing BUT he and new Legacy Head Coach Beau Trahan were college teammates at Texas in the very early 2000's !

There's your connection for his new gig !

R.J.

Oh ok. Thanks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VonG said:

He's been training kids, but think Legacy is his first official gig.

• Like 2

https://www.etxfootball.com/

Still in the early stages of this....... throwback to the old supersite.

Hoping to get some players/coaches to blog weekly.  Fan blogs always welcome.

Weekly Game capsules

Newspaper links

District Standings

"expert" weekly picks

More coming.  Always open to suggestions!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Longview '24 RB/FB Alijah Johnson, fresh off an 1,000+ yard season....

We may lose players sometime to smaller level,they  clearly what a easier route to state we just plug someone else in and still Longview.our track record speaks for it self not as many state titles as em schools guys transfer to but we sure do have more guys better off at the next level then them yearly state contenders with in the next few years we atleast tie for most guys in the league. 

Edited by WolverBean

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

People are talking up those kids from Boulter.  I know they got a kid thats like 10.3-10.4 100m.  I think he already has a d-1 offer.  just waiting to see how this new staff work with them and the kids already at JT. 

I was wondering.

Boulter didn't have a single close game last year, even took out Judson (6-2) 48-0. Foster (8-0) was the best in Longview 8th but Judson has some solid guys coming up too, including probably the next great QB1. So that scoreline was impressive.

Foster against Boulter would've been nice.

Remember, JT 9th wasn't bad last year. Woods will have something to play with at JT.

• Like 1