What makes a good coach vs. great coach?

Eagleborn

Poor talentless Carthage wouldn't be able to compete without the plethora of kids that flock to the Mecca just to play football.  Awesome that Scott was able to get all these kids to move in and win three state championships in his first 4 years as a head coach.  Must be tough on all the other schools in the State of Texas who only have the same kids that live there from Kindergarten through 12th grade.  Pretty sweet that Carthage is the only place where anyone moves to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

On 2/22/2023 at 7:36 AM, JBizzle said:

Poor talentless Carthage wouldn't be able to compete without the plethora of kids that flock to the Mecca just to play football.  Awesome that Scott was able to get all these kids to move in and win three state championships in his first 4 years as a head coach.  Must be tough on all the other schools in the State of Texas who only have the same kids that live there from Kindergarten through 12th grade.  Pretty sweet that Carthage is the only place where anyone moves to.

Four-star Aeryn Hampton, a one-time Texas Longhorns commit, has enrolled at an East Texas powerhouse Carthage after transferring from Daingerfield.  https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/02/27/four-star-2024-ath-transfers-to-east-texas-powerhouse?ref=article_preview_title

Edited by Ronster23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Carthage gets new players every year. This is no different. 

Well, I am pleasantly surprised you’re reacting this way.

Historically, you’ve been extremely vocal about any players who move to Carthage and always say we recruit.

So, I thought you’d be all lathered up this evening, and am glad to see otherwise.

Have a good night. 

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I am pleasantly surprised you’re reacting this way.

Historically, you’ve been extremely vocal about any players who move to Carthage and always say we recruit.

So, I thought you’d be all lathered up this evening, and am glad to see otherwise.

Have a good night. 

I’ve never said y’all recruit. That’s against the rules of this website. 

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Racer, your new HC used to come to our house on Sunday afternoons and play yard ball.

They wouldn’t let Ludlow and I play on the same team. 

Because they wanted to make sure y’all were always on the losing team?