Florida's climate exodus has already begun — and it's only going to get worse

BarryLaverty

6 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Islands on the gulf coast are affected by hurricanes.  In other news, water is wet.

All of the Gulf Coast is affected by Hurricanes long before America was discovered.  I realized moving to Houston I was going to have to deal with them.  Who makes them scary are the weathermen, and people that haven't been through them before.  Sure I was scared when Harvey hit, because I had never been through a hurricane.  I suppose it's similar to being afraid of tornadoes in East Texas, but those are unpredictable.  There won't be a mass exodus though.  

As opposed to Barry's lamestream media article Florida has always been a bastion of retired people from Northern States that have never been through a hurricane.  More people are flocking to Florida than are leaving.  Of course some will leave after a hurricane, because they don't want to go through it again.  You just get used to them after awhile.  Ask Retiredfan, he doesn't even evacuate when they tell him to evacuate.  Florida Fastest-Growing State for First Time Since 1957 (census.gov)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

All of that noise up there is purposefully oblivious to the fact that there has been a growing severity to what is being faced with our climate. That's a truth that makes me wonder if any of you care about your kids or your kids' kids. 

The weather hasn't changed in my lifetime, but what has changed is people like you who accept climate change, and then scare kids into thinking it's an actuality.  That's one of the reasons that I don't take Climate Greta seriously.  She hasn't lived long enough to know.  You should know better, but then again you've been acclimated by AC and heat over the past 40 years.  I still get out daily in the natural weather that has always occurred.  Hot summers don't bother me, cold winters sort of do, but that's because I hate cold weather since I haven't lived in it all my life.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Who makes them scary are the weathermen, and people that haven't been through them before.

"It isn't that the wind is blowing. It's what the wind is blowing." -- Ron White

And they always have that reporter on the beach...with the wind and rain "It's really rainy and windy here, Steve!"

Well, duh...a hurricane is about to make landfall!

And then you have the guy, "I'm gonna stay here and protect my TV!"

From what, exactly?

Edited by Monte1076

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

There's scientific evidence that shows that around 20,000 years ago, there were deserts that were lush and green.

There's also scientific evidence that Antarctica used to be a rain forest and Texas was almost completely covered in water.  I have already shown that earth is in one of it's coolest phases in its history.  The left simply wants to wean people from fossil fuels.  We should be more worried with people throwing their trash out of their cars.  

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

I guess global warming goes waaaay back…..worst ever….ask Barry he was there

It does.  It's been happening long before humans even existed according to Scientists, but to Barry and his climate fearmongers it just began happening in the last 50 years.  Mastodons migrated across extreme distances due to climate change, study says | CNN

Back in 1990 when I was stationed in Illinois the Colonel I was working for told me there was an opening for a Logistics Superintendent with HQ Special Forces Command down at Hurlburt Field AFB, Florida ... he told me to take a few days and go check it out .....to see if I wanted the assignment .... We packed up and drove down there for a week, took a vacation, my sons loved the beach ..... then the news started reporting a hurricane forming that was headed toward the gulf and my wife said NOPE ... don't want to live down here on the coast and worry about hurricanes .... I ended up going to HQ 8th AF at Barksdale AFB instead ....

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

How many times have you died in a Hurricane, where they said if you stay you face "certain death"?

I think that answer should be obvious.......but to be honest we don't get that type of warning in Colmesneil........storm surge ain't a concern here........

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The weather hasn't changed in my lifetime, but what has changed is people like you who accept climate change, and then scare kids into thinking it's an actuality.  That's one of the reasons that I don't take Climate Greta seriously.  She hasn't lived long enough to know.  You should know better, but then again you've been acclimated by AC and heat over the past 40 years.  I still get out daily in the natural weather that has always occurred.  Hot summers don't bother me, cold winters sort of do, but that's because I hate cold weather since I haven't lived in it all my life.  

Barry also believes in evolution I bet

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep. And, the author's contention that basically Democrats should shy away from facts and just relate to emotions is just nonsense. That we are a 'high school nation' shouldn't be just accepted, as the strength of our nation's economy shouldn't be reliant on just people with basic skills and no further education. Did you read the article or jus skim it for the parts where 'Democrats are bad for laughing at people saying nonsense and being dumb'? 

Barry, that’s all Democrats ever do is relate to their emotions.  

The only climate crises are those caused by Democrats being too incompetent to do their jobs adequately.

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

There's also scientific evidence that Antarctica used to be a rain forest and Texas was almost completely covered in water.  I have already shown that earth is in one of it's coolest phases in its history.  The left simply wants to wean people from fossil fuels.  We should be more worried with people throwing their trash out of their cars.  

What I bolded and underlined in your post is everything this climate hoax is all about.

D’s want to get us off fossil fuels for good, but getting the batteries for the EV’s is super damaging to the earth and you need fossil fuel powered equipment to get the lithium.

Then, what are we going to do with the obsolete EV batteries?

It’s just completely ridiculous and another D scare tactic to control everyone like covid was.

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What I bolded and underlined in your post is everything this climate hoax is all about.

D’s want to get us off fossil fuels for good, but getting the batteries for the EV’s is super damaging to the earth and you need fossil fuel powered equipment to get the lithium.

Then, what are we going to do with the obsolete EV batteries?

It’s just completely ridiculous and another D scare tactic to control everyone like covid was.

They haven't thought that far ahead.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Watched a TV documentary where they were digging up a fossil of a Tyrannosaurus Rex in Wyoming.  So I’m curious - Was there Climate Change or did that Tyrannosaurus Rex have a thick coat of fur?  Asking for a friend.

The Flood.......

8 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

My plan is to place them in rockets, and send them straight towards the sun. They can burn up there and not effect us. 

What are you going to use for rocket fuel? ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama