College Baseball 2023

JohnnyFootball

On 3/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, ETXfan16 said:

This might be the worst Texas team I've ever seen.

I disagree. I don’t think they’re as bad as people are acting.

They lost A LOT! That includes from last years team, as well as their recruiting class (to the draft). Even still, 4 of their 6 losses are by a combined 5 runs. 3 of the 6 were to Top 10 teams. One of those was to the #1 team, and they were tied at 0 in the 9th. 
So you’re talking about a young team, with a lot of new players, starting the season with a pretty tough schedule, and they’ve been right there in most of them. 
I don’t expect them to be a series contender by any means this year, but I do expect them to get better as the season progresses. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, Lobo97 said:

I disagree. I don’t think they’re as bad as people are acting.

They lost A LOT! That includes from last years team, as well as their recruiting class (to the draft). Even still, 4 of their 6 losses are by a combined 5 runs. 3 of the 6 were to Top 10 teams. One of those was to the #1 team, and they were tied at 0 in the 9th. 
So you’re talking about a young team, with a lot of new players, starting the season with a pretty tough schedule, and they’ve been right there in most of them. 
I don’t expect them to be a series contender by any means this year, but I do expect them to get better as the season progresses. 

Maybe "worst" isn't the right word. But inexperienced doesn't do it justice either. Having 3 guys in your starting lineup hitting sub .200 is extremely poor. Unfortunately they don't have anybody else that can do much better off the bench. Duplantier has come in twice with either a lead or tied and has lost the game. It's overrall frustrating to watch.

I know they lost a ton of guys, but the offseason haul with recruiting + transfer portal was a huge dud. 

Baseball is a funny game. Last year people were saying it was the worst A&M team they had seen in a long time after a series loss to Penn and struggling against others like Santa Clara, the Frisco tournament, etc. 

Then it turned out to be the best A&M team ever in terms of how far they went in the tournament. This year A&M started very slow (losing the series to Portland and bad to Louisville who IS a good team). On the upswing currently, though! It's a long season. Hang in there. I've seen Longhorn teams end up in the CWS after getting swept in a few early season series. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

On 3/8/2023 at 2:58 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Hang in there. I've seen Longhorn teams end up in the CWS after getting swept in a few early season series. 

The pitching has been pretty good (team ERA of 3.31).  Hitting and fielding hasn't.  Next nine games before conference play are against fairly week teams (Manhatten, NDSU, New Orleans, Incarnate Ward) before conference play.

A&M went on a nice little winning streak before SEC play. 

Sadly I see that ending soon. They have #1 LSU coming to town this weekend. LSU is very, very good. A few guys in the transfer portal and they have a very strong team with some of the top ranked position players in the nation. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M went on a nice little winning streak before SEC play. 

Sadly I see that ending soon. They have #1 LSU coming to town this weekend. LSU is very, very good. A few guys in the transfer portal and they have a very strong team with some of the top ranked position players in the nation. 

Very difficult stretch. 

#1 Lsu

#2 Tennessee 

#3 Ole Miss. 

Guess will see how good A&M . Gotta be one of the most difficult games. 

30 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Very difficult stretch. 

#1 Lsu

#2 Tennessee 

#3 Ole Miss. 

Guess will see how good A&M . Gotta be one of the most difficult games. 

Idk if there’s every been a more difficult month of college baseball ahead than what the Aggies have on the schedule starting this weekend. They will either emerge as a contender or be a team fighting for a tournament birth by the end of it. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 10:04 PM, WETSU said:

Idk if there’s every been a more difficult month of college baseball ahead than what the Aggies have on the schedule starting this weekend. They will either emerge as a contender or be a team fighting for a tournament birth by the end of it. 

Wasn’t going well for A&M when I scanned the scores earlier vs LSU

On 3/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

After reviewing this thread, I can confirm you are more A&M hater than you are a fan of any other program. You can’t wait to run to this site to post something like a score of A&M losing or some sort of news article that paints A&M in a negative light. You rarely comment on anything else. I can’t for the life of me figure out why a self proclaimed Alabama fan continues to post scores for A&M baseball games. And only the games they lose for that matter. 

Show us on the doll where the Aggies hurt you (or someone you are close to.) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

After reviewing this thread, I can confirm you are more A&M hater than you are a fan of any other program. You can’t wait to run to this site to post something like a score of A&M losing or some sort of news article that paints A&M in a negative light. You rarely comment on anything else. I can’t for the life of me figure out why a self proclaimed Alabama fan continues to post scores for A&M baseball games. And only the games they lose for that matter. 

I was waiting for him to post the A&M winner preventing the sweep. Glad I didn’t hold my breath. Anyways still a difficult slate left. LSU is so talented. 

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

1- I was busy yesterday and when I looked at the thread of course Lion had already posted it. And I honestly do not care if you believe it or not.

2- Serious Question.....Do you get down on the floor and throw temper tantrums all the time? Because you're the biggest crybaby and wish you knew it all on this site!

3- Okay internet tough guy.... What are you going to resort too next? Will it be saying something harmful about someone's wife again? You've resorted to it in the past.

But hey, at least you have Lion's support 😂

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • LOL! 1

On 3/19/2023 at 4:49 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

After today's 5-0 dub over Auburn and series sweep Arkansas is on a 13 game winning streak, longest since 2010. 

make that 14, but heading to LSU this week i don't see it lasting much longer.