College Baseball 2023

JohnnyFootball

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas blew the rubber game today. Couldn’t throw a strike late and left too many on base. Story of the series was not being able to hit the dang ball the last 2 games.

Yep, that 9th inning was a complete meltdown.  Bases load no outs and can't even score a run.  Bottom of the 9th was a disaster.  Texas has played arguably the top 2 teams in the Big 12 right out of the gate.

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M won the series vs Ole Miss and beat Texas State tonight 10-9. Pitching is just so inconsistent. Winnable series vs Auburn this weekend. Better come to play. 

Any series win is good.  Is Ole Miss pretty decent this year.  I haven’t seen much of them so I couldn’t say.  And yes, winning is hard when pitching is inconsistent 

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Any series win is good.  Is Ole Miss pretty decent this year.  I haven’t seen much of them so I couldn’t say.  And yes, winning is hard when pitching is inconsistent 

Funny enough they are BAD this year. They went from champions to struggling hard. Miss State won it all 2 years ago and have struggled hard in the 2 seasons since. It's crazy. But honestly, I'd give up a handful of bad seasons if A&M could win the CWS once lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Its LSU and then everybody else. Arkansas is ok but pitching is a question mark every game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, txk85 said:

Its LSU and then everybody else. Arkansas is ok but pitching is a question mark every game.

LSU has the best collection of talent, but SEC play is rough and LSU has struggled to hit vs lefties.

I'll eat my crow.

This Texas team, although frustrating at times, has been fun to watch. They aren't great, but they find ways to win playing fundamental baseball.

Unfortunately they are young, and they leave wayyyy too many on base, make silly errors, and the bullpen is shaky. Yet, they still find ways to win. Definitely have me eating my words from a month ago.

Saw an interesting stat. Out of their 10 losses, 7 of those Texas either had the lead or were tied going into the 7th inning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'll eat my crow.

This Texas team, although frustrating at times, has been fun to watch. They aren't great, but they find ways to win playing fundamental baseball.

Unfortunately they are young, and they leave wayyyy too many on base, make silly errors, and the bullpen is shaky. Yet, they still find ways to win. Definitely have me eating my words from a month ago.

Saw an interesting stat. Out of their 10 losses, 7 of those Texas either had the lead or were tied going into the 7th inning.

I tried to tell you. They’re young and as you stated, inexperienced. They’ve gotten better and still have more potential. Tanner Witt is also possible to likely to return later this season. If he can can be close to what he was before the injury, Texas could have a very strong pitching rotation heading into regionals. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Did anyone watch the Texas-OU series? I know OU swept Texas in Austin for the first time in a long time and a lot of Texas fans are frustrated by it. Did anyone see what happened? 

Horrible pitching, the entire series. Texas walked 20 OU batters, allowing 12 of them to score. 

Vandy, Florida and Arkansas were all swept this weekend some weird things happening. Arkansas cant stay healthy #1 starter hurt before the season started, closer hurt before sec play but hopefully soon to return. C, CF and i think DH are all hurt right now. 

• Like 1