Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Gunter hired a special team coach and his kid didn’t get to play because it was considered an athletic move. So it’s not quite automatic. 

He does not live with dad he lived with his mom but Gunter punished all it could this past season for voting against the does anyone dare upset Carthage over this?

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Gunter hired a special team coach and his kid didn’t get to play because it was considered an athletic move. So it’s not quite automatic. 

That was a different situation. That kid did not live with his Dad and Dad was not primary guardian. 

1 minute ago, supermaroon said:

He does not live with dad he lived with his mom but Gunter punished all it could this past season for voting against the does anyone dare upset Carthage over this?

Still, even if he lived with his dad and said something like “dad got hired at Gunter so I can play …” etc, he could’ve been denied I suppose. Now if dad was hired as head coach or if Gunter woulda replaced multiple coaches then it wouldn’t have looked as bad. My understanding was they hired an extra coach so it didn’t look good at all. 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Still, even if he lived with his dad and said something like “dad got hired at Gunter so I can play …” etc, he could’ve been denied I suppose. Now if dad was hired as head coach or if Gunter woulda replaced multiple coaches then it wouldn’t have looked as bad. My understanding was they hired an extra coach so it didn’t look good at all. 

What they blocked transfer on was his residency I know the family personally. Sherman was upset that 95% of their production was leaving. It was a straight bitter move that worked out so well for them. Did the kid say hey I'm going to play at Gunter or can't wait to be a tiger maybe. But it was desperate move by a terrible program to keep their only source of offense. And can you blame a coach/parent for trying to give their kids a chance actually win a few games.

25 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

🤨

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

What they blocked transfer on was his residency I know the family personally. Sherman was upset that 95% of their production was leaving. It was a straight bitter move that worked out so well for them. Did the kid say hey I'm going to play at Gunter or can't wait to be a tiger maybe. But it was desperate move by a terrible program to keep their only source of offense. And can you blame a coach/parent for trying to give their kids a chance actually win a few games.

Ehh, I would rather not see coaches and/or parents teaching kids to bend or break rules to actually win a few games. 

26 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Worst kept secret in a while. Sad part is he ain’t the only one that’s left/leaving. 

Streets been talking.

But you know you can't post anything here without that link lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Won’t the DEC have to vote to allow him to play?

Yes. Also previous coach has to sign off on it. We had a kid that moved in from a neighboring town that was their best player. Mom got a job in our town (not with the school district) had their mobile home moved to our district everything legal but other coach wouldn't sign off on it becaus the kid cussed him out. We Appealed it. made the trip to Austin and the UIL committee ruled against the kid. Very poor family, mom was only parent, working several jobs to support the family. The kid couldn't go back to his previous school to play so he ended up dropping out of school. 

4 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes. Also previous coach has to sign off on it. We had a kid that moved in from a neighboring town that was their best player. Mom got a job in our town (not with the school district) had their mobile home moved to our district everything legal but other coach wouldn't sign off on it becaus the kid cussed him out. We Appealed it. made the trip to Austin and the UIL committee ruled against the kid. Very poor family, mom was only parent, working several jobs to support the family. The kid couldn't go back to his previous school to play so he ended up dropping out of school. 

After a kid attempts to enroll at a school and then finds out that he’s not eligible to play, go back to his former school is for athletic reason therefore he shouldn’t be allowed to play at either. 

6 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Thats what I said in the last line.

Yeah I was just agreeing that’s how it should be handled. I’m sure there are parents moving for legitimate reasons other than sports but it has become way to common and it’s too easy to get away with it if it’s for athletic reason. I really hate it for the few kids that have to move for reasons other than sports and get ruled ineligible. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yeah I was just agreeing that’s how it should be handled. I’m sure there are parents moving for legitimate reasons other than sports but it has become way to common and it’s too easy to get away with it if it’s for athletic reason. I really hate it for the few kids that have to move for reasons other than sports and get ruled ineligible. 

That's how it should be handled? You saw that the kid dropped out of school? Is that what you want to happen?

2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Personally I thought it was the most immature, juvenile ridiculous thing I have ever seen done by a coach or teacher. As adults we all know that most kids can be manipulated into anger by just pushing certain buttons...lots of teachers enjoy doing this and I can't stand it. It ruined this kids life and probably his future...but that's just me.