Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Personally I thought it was the most immature, juvenile ridiculous thing I have ever seen done by a coach or teacher. As adults we all know that most kids can be manipulated into anger by just pushing certain buttons...lots of teachers enjoy doing this and I can't stand it. It ruined this kids life and probably his future...but that's just me.

My response wasn’t about the kid you mentioned in particular, just kids in general. 

• Like 1

A few years ago a kid from Pewitt tried to go to Daingerfield and was denied by the UIL, then one from Hughes Springs and again denied. Both had parents who lived in Daingerfield. The fact that Hamptons mom got a job within Carthage ISD and now he decided to move in with her is extremely suspicious.  And I guarantee it will be investigated. Surratt would be a fool to let him play and bring bad press to his program.

Edited by 2017Patriot
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, 2017Patriot said:

A few years ago a kid from Pewitt tried to go to Daingerfield and was denied by the UIL, then one from Hughes Springs and again denied. Both had parents who lived in Daingerfield. The fact that Hamptons mom got a job with Carthage ISD and now he decided to move in with her is extremely suspicious.  And I guarantee it will be investigated. Surratt would be a fool to let him play and bring bad press to his program.

There's a process it's well defined, if he's eligible he'll play if he's not eligible he won't play...bad press or not

7 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Still, even if he lived with his dad and said something like “dad got hired at Gunter so I can play …” etc, he could’ve been denied I suppose. Now if dad was hired as head coach or if Gunter woulda replaced multiple coaches then it wouldn’t have looked as bad. My understanding was they hired an extra coach so it didn’t look good at all. 

Did Tatum get several players when their dads moved to Tatum to coach. 
If the kids mom is working for CHS. What is the difference. 

9 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

There's a process it's well defined, if he's eligible he'll play if he's not eligible he won't play...bad press or not

I can guarantee anyone and everyone Coach Surratt knows better than anyone else if the kid would be eligible to play. 
The QB at China Spring moved from Wimberly 7 weeks before the first game. 
His dad was hired as an assistant coach at China Spring. 

11 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I can guarantee anyone and everyone Coach Surratt knows better than anyone else if the kid would be eligible to play. 
The QB at China Spring moved from Wimberly 7 weeks before the first game. 
His dad was hired as an assistant coach at China Spring. 

CS probably wouldn’t have won state without that QB move in, but it was by the rules.

So, no problem.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

CS probably wouldn’t have won state without that QB move in, but it was by the rules.

So, no problem.

You are correct. 
The only reason this is news, Carthage 9 times state champ.  
The only other team in East Texas that would make this big news is Gilmer. 
If you win like Carthage and Gilmer and the mayor accidentally farted in the bathroom, it would be big news on Smoaky 

Just maybe the kid missed living with his mom. 

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are correct. 
If you win like Carthage and Gilmer and the mayor accidentally farted in the bathroom, it would be big news on Smoaky 

I always like it when my mama fixes supper for me.

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are correct. 

If it wasn't for athletic reasons then it shouldn't make any difference if he sits out of football next season. Right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are correct. 

You must have forgot Daingerfield is a 6 time state champ and his mom was living here up until now. Only thing he's missing is a 💍. I love the kid and know his entire family. I wish him the best.

10 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Did Tatum get several players when their dads moved to Tatum to coach. 
If the kids mom is working for CHS. What is the difference. 

Well let’s see. Tatum’s head coach left for his hometown and Tatum had to make a hire. Tatum didn’t want to make a hire, we had to make a hire. It’s worth mentioning that those same kids would have been in Tatum when they were 10 years old had our previous Supt let Keeling bring is coaches with him 7 years ago. Get out of your feelings. It’s not about your Dawgs. It looks suspicious no matter where it happens when a single coach/teacher is hired and just happens to have a highly recruited kid. 

9 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are correct. 

It's news because the kid is a D1 recruit...then you combine the fact he's going to Carthage and you have it being even bigger news

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Well let’s see. Tatum’s head coach left for his hometown and Tatum had to make a hire. Tatum didn’t want to make a hire, we had to make a hire. It’s worth mentioning that those same kids would have been in Tatum when they were 10 years old had our previous Supt let Keeling bring is coaches with him 7 years ago. Get out of your feelings. It’s not about your Dawgs. It looks suspicious no matter where it happens when a single coach/teacher is hired and just happens to have a highly recruited kid. 

It may look suspicious but 99% of the time its within the rules

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

It may look suspicious but 99% of the time its within the rules

Yes I realize that most of the time it is within the rules, just stating that most people will think it looks suspicious. And let’s just be honest, within the rules don’t always mean it’s actually within the rules, it’s just a way to break the rules and get away with it. 

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Anybody on here who thinks SS would risk the possible consequences of allowing an ineligible player onto his team is silly.

@LoboFan07, are you silly?

Is there any coach that would play a kid that has already been deemed ineligible? No coach would take that chance would they? What happens is all the i’s are dotted and all the t’s crossed only to find out later that the i’s are crossed and the t’s are dotted and end up having to forfeit games.