Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yes I realize that most of the time it is within the rules, just stating that most people will think it looks suspicious. And let’s just be honest, within the rules don’t always mean it’s actually within the rules, it’s just a way to break the rules and get away with it. 

Somebody is a little upset and obviously does not like the dawgs hahahaha kids transfer to powerhouse schools quite a bit (Aledo, Pleasant Grove, Gilmer, Etc. just to name a few). Only reason this is news is because he is a big time recruit. I remember a few years ago, Duncanville had 4 star linebacker (that is now at Alabama) transfer in his senior year and don’t remember a whole lot of noise. Maybe the kids and parents just want to win and be exposed to good coaches. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

Somebody is a little upset and obviously does not like the dawgs hahahaha kids transfer to powerhouse schools quite a bit (Aledo, Pleasant Grove, Gilmer, Etc. just to name a few). Only reason this is news is because he is a big time recruit. I remember a few years ago, Duncanville had 4 star linebacker (that is now at Alabama) transfer in his senior year and don’t remember a whole lot of noise. Maybe the kids and parents just want to win and be exposed to good coaches. 

Sit down. I’m not even talking about Carthage. I’m talking all places and all kids. 

“Maybe kids and parents just want to win and be exposed to good coaches”. You realize that is for athletic reasons right?

28 minutes ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

I think that some fans of that Dookie Green team up the hwy choose to forget about the transfers and commuters that they got from Longview, Beckville etc during the years that they had success. I know its been a minute but let's tap the brakes when your school has done the same in the past and would do it again if given a chance. 

9 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

I think that some fans of that Dookie Green team up the hwy choose to forget about the transfers and commuters that they got from Longview, Beckville etc during the years that they had success. I know its been a minute but let's tap the brakes when your school has done the same in the past and would do it again if given a chance. 

You forgot Marshall. You also forgot that they served their time on JV and middle school teams. 

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You forgot Marshall. You also forgot that they served their time on JV and middle school teams. 

No, I didn't forget and I only made my statement to show that move ins and move outs happened long before SS got to Carthage and started winning championships. The fact that he hurt the feelings of a certain fanbase bc he called a timeout to score a td before the end of the first half in a playoff game  and said fanbase is still salty and looks for any chance to throw shade at the Dawgs is an added bonus.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

No, I didn't forget and I only made my statement to show that move ins and move outs happened long before SS got to Carthage and started winning championships. The fact that he hurt the feelings of a certain fanbase bc he called a timeout to score a td before the end of the first half in a playoff game  and said fanbase is still salty and looks for any chance to throw shade at the Dawgs is an added bonus.

You’re obviously in your feels because you feel like your Dawgs are under attack. I for one wasn’t talking about Carthage. Once again in case you missed it, I’m talking about teams in general. I’m talking about the situation. I’m not talking about Carthage. 

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You’re obviously in your feels because you feel like your Dawgs are under attack. I for one wasn’t talking about Carthage. Once again in case you missed it, I’m talking about teams in general. I’m talking about the situation. I’m not talking about Carthage. 

Try again, my feelings are not affected by anything ever said on a sports forum. As far the Dawgs being under attack, I've learned that haters are gonna hate.  

43 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

🔥🔥🔥

YES SIR!!!

6 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Is there any coach that would play a kid that has already been deemed ineligible? No coach would take that chance would they? What happens is all the i’s are dotted and all the t’s crossed only to find out later that the i’s are crossed and the t’s are dotted and end up having to forfeit games. 

Duncanville's boys basketball coach did and we see what happened 

On 2/23/2023 at 12:11 PM, ANTI said:

^ what he said.

Just to map out Hampton's athletic activities over the years....

Started off at Moore MS in Tyler. Then had a stint at Whitehouse, then down to the Austin area, then back to John Tyler very briefly, then to Daingerfield and now Carthage.

I was not at all shocked that he decommitted from UT. I actually called it before it happened based on how often he moves now. Bama bound is my bet.

Makes Houston Tuminello look like a rookie at transferring….now all he will have to do is transfer 3-4 times in college 

• LOL! 1

59 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Makes Houston Tuminello look like a rookie at transferring….now all he will have to do is transfer 3-4 times in college 

Just curious but has anyone that is so interested in his transfers thought about asking him. 
He will now be with some of the top coaches in the state. That will help him be better in all phases of his life and not just football. When he sees how the players at Carthage are and buys into the program. Can’t wait to see how good he can be. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Well let’s see. Tatum’s head coach left for his hometown and Tatum had to make a hire. Tatum didn’t want to make a hire, we had to make a hire. It’s worth mentioning that those same kids would have been in Tatum when they were 10 years old had our previous Supt let Keeling bring is coaches with him 7 years ago. Get out of your feelings. It’s not about your Dawgs. It looks suspicious no matter where it happens when a single coach/teacher is hired and just happens to have a highly recruited kid. 

What about the kids that transferred whose parents aren’t working in Tatum? 

• LOL! 1

The issue is some people can make the rules work for them. I understand his mom got a job in the district making it “by the book”, but did she have an advantage in the hiring process/did they create a spot for her because her son is D1. Just a curious move for your SR year.

• Like 1