Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Just curious but has anyone that is so interested in his transfers thought about asking him. 
He will now be with some of the top coaches in the state. That will help him be better in all phases of his life and not just football. When he sees how the players at Carthage are and buys into the program. Can’t wait to see how good he can be. 

C&C - the best thing the young man can do is stay off social media, keep a low profile, put in the off-season work perfecting his game, and let the process unfold.

• Like 4

As one poster put it "maybe" he wanted to be with some of the top coaches in the state. Let's say that has something to do with it, so why not somewhere like North Shore, Duncanville, SC, Allen, etc. etc. etc. Or stay in ET and go to LV and the difference in cities is night and day. Plus, all this prepares a player for the next level a WHOLE lot better than 4A-D2 football as far as speed and size. If he intends to go to Bama, 4A-D2 wont prepare anyone like the bigger divisions would.

Just hypothetical posting but let's not kid ourselves that 4A=D2 football lured him 🙄

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

As one poster put it "maybe" he wanted to be with some of the top coaches in the state. Let's say that has something to do with it, so why not somewhere like North Shore, Duncanville, SC, Allen, etc. etc. etc. Or stay in ET and go to LV and the difference in cities is night and day. Plus, all this prepares a player for the next level a WHOLE lot better than 4A-D2 football as far as speed and size. If he intends to go to Bama, 4A-D2 wont prepare anyone like the bigger divisions would.

Just hypothetical posting but let's not kid ourselves that 4A=D2 football lured him 🙄

LOL. Show me some evidence that top prospects from Carthage are "less prepared for college" than players from 5A and 6A schools. 

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Since we are talking hypothetical…….I worked with a guy for a year and we became good friends before he left to go work for another company.  We stayed in touch and he told me how good things were at his new company.  I was intrigued.  He said he would keep me posted on any job openings that came up.  A year later he calls and tells me about a job that just came open that I might be a good fit for.  I apply, get an interview, and get the job.  The pay is better and the office environment appears to be much better than where I was before.  The commute is too far to justify at current gas prices, so we make the decision to move to the town where my new job is.  In doing so, my kids have to change schools.  Seem reasonable?

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You don’t think Carthage with the coaches they have can prepare a player for the next level. 

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Since we are talking hypothetical…….I worked with a guy for a year and we became good friends before he left to go work for another company.  We stayed in touch and he told me how good things were at his new company.  I was intrigued.  He said he would keep me posted on any job openings that came up.  A year later he calls and tells me about a job that just came open that I might be a good fit for.  I apply, get an interview, and get the job.  The pay is better and the office environment appears to be much better than where I was before.  The commute is too far to justify at current gas prices, so we make the decision to move to the town where my new job is.  In doing so, my kids have to change schools.  Seem reasonable?

The questions I would have to ask you would probably get me banned lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL. Show me some evidence that top prospects from Carthage are "less prepared for college" than players from 5A and 6A schools. 

Yes, that’s not the most insightful take from @Sportsfanatic1.

It’s also not entirely untrue about 4A-D2 versus 6A as it relates to the sheer number of other highly rated players he’d play with and against.

Now, you can’t say Adrian Peterson wasn’t ready for the next level, because he played at Palestine.

The DF boy transferring to Carthage rather than Duncanville will have zero negative consequences or hinder him in going to college and playing well.

If you’re good, you’re good no matter what classification you come from.

Wasn’t Colt McCoy 2A? 

I understand where Sportsfanatic1 is coming from, but big school does not always equal better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So are you saying the competition in 4A-D2 is the same as 5A or 6A for a D1 talent that is supposedly leaning toward Bama? Serious question.

Tom Herman is quoted as saying Keaontay Ingram was the most well coached and prepared freshman RB he has ever seen when he began at UT.

Carthage’s entire coaching system is elite, not just Surratt, that doesn’t have a classification prerequisite.

• Like 1

Surratt runs the most complicated offense in Texas high school football. 
The coach from La Vega said they printed 3 full sheets of formations and plays that the Dawgs run and still saw formations and plays during the state championship game that wasn’t on his sheets. 
Under Surratt and Preston and the entire Dawg staff at Carthage you will be prepared for the next level as good and in most cases better than 5A or 6A. 

Sometimes our 5A and 6A posters need to step back and take a look at things, and quit being so biased.

Example:

Does Argyle now get more I guess credit from y’all since they moved up to 5A this past season and went pretty deep in the playoffs only losing one game all season?

Y’all don’t think Carthage would’ve done the same thing Argyle did or better with the same schedule?

That’s the same school who could only win 2 in 4A.

We’ve won 9, knocking them out en route to one of those titles.

Argyle does not have the pure athletes we do, never have; think about it.

We had 7 football players sign LOI’s to play in college and that did NOT include Cuff (QB) and Paddie (WR) who went baseball rather than football, but both maybe should’ve and definitely could’ve.

Longview had six, I believe, sign LOI’s.

Open your eyes.

Do ANTI and JohnnyFootball wish they’d had Connor Cuff at QB all season last season instead of the solid player they did have in that position?

Had Longview had Cuff, they’d have won state, easy.

Just giving a few things to ponder over.

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes, that’s not the most insightful take from @Sportsfanatic1.

It’s also not entirely untrue about 4A-D2 versus 6A as it relates to the sheer number of other highly rated players he’d play with and against.

Now, you can’t say Adrian Peterson wasn’t ready for the next level, because he played at Palestine.

The DF boy transferring to Carthage rather than Duncanville will have zero negative consequences or hinder him in going to college and playing well.

If you’re good, you’re good no matter what classification you come from.

Wasn’t Colt McCoy 2A? 

I understand where Sportsfanatic1 is coming from, but big school does not always equal better.

Question- If you're practicing with all those freaks that NS has every day and play against the Katys, Humble Atascocita's, Duncanville's of the state which ALL are loaded with D1 talent is it not going to make you better than playing a 4A-D2 squad? C'mon man we all know better.

Hypothetically if he was on the NS team or any other D1 recruit he/they would be just another number. I'm using NS just as a team but, they have 12-17 D1 recruits annually and a lot of them or athletes. So does say a Duncanville and Atascocita.

I compare it to facing 75mph pitching in the lower classifications to facing 95mph in 6A. There really isn't a comparison. That's why most of your recruits come from the bigger schools Number one they have talent, 2 is their competition. Heard Saban give a speech on this same thing. They look at talent first then competition second. Oh, then how much of a trouble maker the recruit may be.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Question- If you're practicing with all those freaks that NS has every day and play against the Katys, Humble Atascocita's, Duncanville's of the state which ALL are loaded with D1 talent is it not going to make you better than playing a 4A-D2 squad? C'mon man we all know better.

Hypothetically if he was on the NS team or any other D1 recruit he/they would be just another number. I'm using NS just as a team but, they have 12-17 D1 recruits annually and a lot of them or athletes. So does say a Duncanville and Atascocita.

I compare it to facing 75mph pitching in the lower classifications to facing 95mph in 6A. There really isn't a comparison. That's why most of your recruits come from the bigger schools Number one they have talent, 2 is their competition. Heard Saban give a speech on this same thing. They look at talent first then competition second. Oh, then how much of a trouble maker the recruit may be.

That’s part of what I posted.

I did not disagree with you on that part, but the part that I do take exception to is saying going anywhere else for the coaching advantage, because it doesn’t get any better than Carthage.

We can agree to disagree on that portion of the discussion.  It’s an opinion and I’m very confident in my stance on that bit of our conversation.

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

He does now that he's enrolled at Bama 😀

But I thought you were so concerned about player improvement.

Playing at Longview as a WR versus playing at Carthage as a WR is a huge disadvantage for your individual development, there is ZERO doubt about that.

Quarterbacks and wide receivers are way better coached at Carthage than they are at Longview, no comparison.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s part of what I posted.

I did not disagree with you on that part, but the part that I do take exception to is saying going anywhere else for the coaching advantage, because it doesn’t get any better than Carthage.

We can agree to disagree on that portion of the discussion.  It’s an opinion and I’m very confident in my stance on that bit of our conversation.

I've never said the coaching was "bad" or they wouldn't help anyone progress. But there's other staffs that are loaded with coaching. Say like an Aledo. Y'all had a poster say "maybe he was moving for coaching "(which is for athletic reasons).

All I'm saying if the coaching were equal and you could play for a NS why not?

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

But I thought you were so concerned about player improvement.

Playing at Longview as a WR versus playing at Carthage as a WR is a huge disadvantage for your individual development, there is ZERO doubt about that.

Quarterbacks and wide receivers are way better coached at Carthage than they are at Longview, no comparison.

Jalen went to numerous WR camps held by colleges to hone his skills. And now he has a WR coach that is better than anything East Texas could dream of.

I've never said the coaching was "bad" or they wouldn't help anyone progress. But there's other staffs that are loaded with coaching. Say like an Aledo. Y'all had a poster say "maybe he was moving for coaching "(which is for athletic reasons).

All I'm saying if the coaching were equal and you could play for a NS why not?

Yep, I knew you picked your Aledo boys over the Carthage coaching boys, and hey, if I were you I probably would too, because that’s what I know and y’all have 11 titles!!  💪

North Shore coaches are awesome too.

Jalen went to numerous WR camps held by colleges to hone his skills. And now he has a WR coach that is better than anything East Texas could dream of.

Ok, LONGVIEW would’ve been much better offensively with Connor Cuff at quarterback last season and Hale’s numbers would have been much inflated.