Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, I knew you picked your Aledo boys over the Carthage coaching boys, and hey, if I were you I probably would too, because that’s what I know and y’all have 11 titles!!  💪

North Shore coaches are awesome too.

I honestly enjoy the chatting with you and some other posters (that have common sense lol).

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I honestly enjoy the chatting with you and some other posters (that have common sense lol).

I do you too!  I agree with you in that 5A and 6A across the board offer a higher caliber of competition for players, which as you say will help in preparation.

Iron sharpens iron.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I agree but what would Conner be without Scott grooming him?

Whew, true that!  His junior year……man, he was like a freshman team QB playing varsity when China Spring knocked us out.

Surratt and the QB coach worked with Cuff a ton on mechanics, footwork, etc

Last year the way it all came together for Cuff after all the work to improve was very gratifying to see for him.

Hey, the other day he and Paddie both had three hits each and Cuff had two home runs, but I can’t remember who it was they beat that day.

Cuff is a great natural athlete and we’ll miss him, but we do have Jett Surratt waiting in the wings!!

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

The Tigers will definitely miss Hampton this year. We all wish him the best of luck, but any player is replaceable in Dfield. Will they have the same success? Maybe not, but it allows for other players to step up and let their talent be recognized. His leadership skills to some youngsters will be the most valuable things lost.  Carthage gets a good one, but still GO BLUE TIGERS. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The Tigers will definitely miss Hampton this year. We all wish him the best of luck, but any player is replaceable in Dfield. Will they have the same success? Maybe not, but it allows for other players to step up and let their talent be recognized. His leadership skills to some youngsters will be the most valuable things lost.  Carthage gets a good on, but still GO BLUE TIGERS. 

Hoping everything is cleared by the UIL and he gets to play at Carthage.

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So are you saying the competition in 4A-D2 is the same as 5A or 6A for a D1 talent that is supposedly leaning toward Bama? Serious question.

I am saying: "playing at Carthage will prepare a player for D1 college football as much as any program in the USA". 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

But I thought you were so concerned about player improvement.

Playing at Longview as a WR versus playing at Carthage as a WR is a huge disadvantage for your individual development, there is ZERO doubt about that.

Quarterbacks and wide receivers are way better coached at Carthage than they are at Longview, no comparison.

Quarterbacks, sure. Carthage has produced 1 more D1 QB than Longview since 2009, but Longview has produced a P5 QB.

WRs? Jon Writt is a damn good WR coach at Longview and Jalen himself would tell you Writt was largely responsible for his development. He had some good trainers just like any other major recruit but the route running, hands and understanding coverages...that was all Writt. 

Hale didn't even play WR until he reached HS, he was RB and Safety at Foster MS before that.

Also, Longview doesn't prepare you for simply reaching the next level. It's about what you do when you get there and I'd say Longview does pretty good in that department.... 

330565582_5808915399205284_7885008754838445843_n.thumb.jpg.7a9e0c6f41f3dee6805db7ae0d6f8c23.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Assuming Hampton is a starter that fills the void left by Ked Harper, senior CB #7, from last season.

I wonder, @KrookedWolfe, will we be able to replace Hatten/Roquemore at PR with Hampton as well?

Hampton is very dangerous at WR as well, keep that in mind.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all will still be good!  Yep, one player doesn’t stop the show.

Good luck to your Tigers!

Thanks HEG. I can guarantee you that Daingerfield will not contest the move. The Tigers have pride and will continue to play. Hopefully SS can prepare him to play D1 ball and he can get on the field early. Time will tell. Good Luck to the Dawgs. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Assuming Hampton is a starter that fills the void left by Ked Harper, senior CB #7, from last season.

I wonder, @KrookedWolfe, will we be able to replace Hatten/Roquemore at PR with Hampton as well?

Quite possible.. If he's given the opportunity then time will tell. It's not like Carthage doesn't have their own upcoming talent. He has to earn it. The Dawgs were winning before this move. We'll see soon enough won't we? 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

12 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Quarterbacks, sure. Carthage has produced 1 more D1 QB than Longview since 2009, but Longview has produced a P5 QB.

WRs? Jon Writt is a damn good WR coach at Longview and Jalen himself would tell you Writt was largely responsible for his development. He had some good trainers just like any other major recruit but the route running, hands and understanding coverages...that was all Writt. 

Hale didn't even play WR until he reached HS, he was RB and Safety at Foster MS before that.

Also, Longview doesn't prepare you for simply reaching the next level. It's about what you do when you get there and I'd say Longview does pretty good in that department.... 

330565582_5808915399205284_7885008754838445843_n.thumb.jpg.7a9e0c6f41f3dee6805db7ae0d6f8c23.jpg

I know Saban is very high on him. Thinks he's a 1st rounder if he works his A off and keeps his nose clean.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

I'm a say this. I truly believe none of this movement by Aeryn would be going on had JT had a different coaching staff. The kid grew up in Tyler. It was well known his mother was not a fan of JT's coaching staff. That's the main reason he left. She didn't believe JT staff was capable of coaching her son to be the best athlete he could be. Even though Coach Holmes and company sent many players to the next level and some to the pros. The kid will be a beast wherever he goes.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, VonG said:

I'm a say this. I truly believe none of this movement by Aeryn would be going on had JT had a different coaching staff. The kid grew up in Tyler. It was well known his mother was not a fan of JT's coaching staff. That's the main reason he left. She didn't believe JT staff was capable of coaching her son to be the best athlete he could be. Even though Coach Holmes and company sent many players to the next level and some to the pros. The kid will be a beast wherever he goes.

Off topic but I have a question- Do you think Holmes and co. let one get away when Bowser and co. were there?