Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

On 3/1/2023 at 10:22 AM, GoBigBlue said:

Great response about Longview.  I was writing something up like that for Daingerfield but couldn't find the data I wanted to back it up.  I was trying to see a comparison of D1 starters and NFL players.  Carthage has been on a great ride.  But I would bet they haven't had the success at the next levels as Daingerfield has.  Wish the kid good luck.  A lot can happen the next few years for him.  

I'd say Thomas Everett is the most successful player in Dfield history. Attended Baylor, drafted by Pittsburg and ended up a Super Bowl champion with Dallas. There has been others recently,  but not near his success. 

On 2/25/2023 at 11:15 AM, ANTI said:

Hampton is very dangerous at WR as well, keep that in mind.

Called it.

I'm sure Hampton will play some defense, but his primary position in Carthage will be WR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Called it.

I'm sure Hampton will play some defense, but his primary position in Carthage will be WR.

If he does suit up for Carthage next fall, my guess is he gets more snaps on defense than offense but will play a lot of both. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 2:08 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Nobody on setxsports has said a word about this and it’s not as though this is some middle of the road talent (if he transferred to Carthage though, oh boy, end of the world):

74CC9489-D55E-4099-8CF8-CA267BC2ED3F.png

Why do you guys care what anyone thinks ?  Carthage is winning championships and has one of the best coaches in the state. Just enjoy it. (And before you say you don’t care…yes you do lol)

Edited by GWBears01
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Why do you guys care what anyone thinks ?  Carthage is wining championships and has one of the best coaches in the state. Just enjoy it. (And before you say you don’t care…yes you do lol)

I’d never say I don’t care, because I do and it’s obvious.

I understand your sentiment about enjoying it, and it’s good advice too!

We hope to have the Jett years and some extra years after that.  Who knows, Surratt may decide to see just how many championships they can rack up before he retires.  If he goes that route we’ll be the absolute luckiest bunch of fans in the entire nation.

If SS eventually decides to try a new challenge we’ll be thankful for the ride he and his staffs have taken us on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d never say I don’t care, because I do and it’s obvious.

I understand your sentiment about enjoying it, and it’s good advice too!

We hope to have the Jett years and some extra years after that.  Who knows, Surratt may decide to see just how many championships they can rack up before he retires.  If he goes that route we’ll be the absolute luckiest bunch of fans in the entire nation.

If SS eventually decides to try a new challenge we’ll be thankful for the ride he and his staffs have taken us on. 

Hearem, How old is Coach Surratt?

On 3/11/2023 at 2:08 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Nobody on setxsports has said a word about this and it’s not as though this is some middle of the road talent (if he transferred to Carthage though, oh boy, end of the world):

dude, Willis doesn't have a good football program.  So we know he isn't moving there for athletic reasons.

Its no secret that when you have a very successful programs, it attracts good players. Comes with the territory.  

I wouldn't let it bother me, Carthage will likely win state with or without him and probably 2 more with that freshman class coming up 

Edited by JTFAN99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

dude, Willis doesn't have a good football program.  So we know he isn't moving there for athletic reasons.

Its no secret that when you have a very successful prggrams, it attracts good players. Comes with the territory.  

I wouldn't let it bother me, Carthage will likely win state with or without him and probably 2 more with that freshman class coming up 

Do you think Carthage could beat JT?

On 3/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I also don't think anyone on SETX cares much about Willis..thats pretty Beaumont centric and they really only talk about the Houston teams in districts with their local teams 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

Do you think Carthage could beat JT?

from 2018 and prior...NO. 

Since then...YES. 

Maybe the year Eli was qb JT had a chance. but outside of that, Carthage would win easily.  Hopefully that changes with this new staff.