Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage 2008, 2010 and 2013.  All were really good teams. 

Sure.

But I'll take Tyler on the football field those three years. 2010 and 2013....more than likely lopsided.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage 2008, 2010 and 2013.  All were really good teams. 

2008 Carthage lost to Nac

2010 Carthage lost to Nac 41-20. Jt beat Nact 42-12 that yr.

2013- both lost to WH. But JT lost by 1 point, Carthage by 3 tds

Anything is possible, I just don't believe Carthage could beat JT from 2018 and prior. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

2008 Carthage lost to Nac

2010 Carthage lost to Nac 41-20. Jt beat Nact 42-12 that yr.

2013- both lost to WH. But JT lost by 1 point, Carthage by 3 tds

Anything is possible, I just don't believe Carthage could beat JT from 2018 and prior. 

Not sure why but when Surratt first got here the Dawgs would lose a couple of games early in the season that many Dawg fans and outsiders felt that they had no business losing. In fact some were so ugly that it looked as if they Dawgs weren’t prepared. I personally thought it was coach Surratt’s way of making them focus and not look past anyone. May not have been the case,jmo

Whitehouse showed the Dawgs one of the reasons it’s not smart to play up. The Dawgs led for the first half but depth problems and Mahomes’ magic took over the second half while the Dawgs were exhausted.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

Not sure why but when Surratt first got here the Dawgs would lose a couple of games early in the season that many Dawg fans and outsiders felt that they had no business losing. In fact some were so ugly that it looked as if they Dawgs weren’t prepared. I personally thought it was coach Surratt’s way of making them focus and not look past anyone. May not have been the case,jmo

Whitehouse showed the Dawgs one of the reasons it’s not smart to play up. The Dawgs led for the first half but depth problems and Mahomes’ magic took over the second half while the Dawgs were exhausted.

Yep, everyone always loves to bring up the loss to Nac as their reason for automatically dismissing ‘08.

The 2008 team was a different animal when it counted, that was Dwight Smith and Si Blackshire.

Carthage used to lose a game or two before turning it on, that’s what pre-district is for.  I do agree you don’t want to lose or for a top program to lose an early season game every year.

I would NOT call that Whitehouse loss depth problems.

Mahomes got hot and we had three turnovers in the second half.  We shot ourselves in the foot that game coupled with an eventual two time Super Bowl champion QB on the other side who played like it, that wasn’t a depth issue. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, everyone always loves to bring up the loss to Nac as their reason for automatically dismissing ‘08.

The 2008 team was a different animal when it counted, that was Dwight Smith and Si Blackshire.

Carthage used to lose a game or two before turning it on, that’s what pre-district is for.  I do agree you don’t want to lose or for a top program to lose an early season game every year.

Mahomes got hot and we had three turnovers in the second half.  We shot ourselves in the foot that game coupled with an eventual two time Super Bowl champion QB on the other side who played like it, that wasn’t a depth issue. 

How many Carthage defensive linemen played at least 15 snaps that Whitehouse game ?   Chasing a scrambling Pat Mahomes wears most every pass rusher down eventually in a game, usually showing up the most in the 2nd half.   So, with 3 or 4 starting defensive linemen, if your answer is not 6 or more, then depth was an issue. 

• Like 2

Just now, cotton84 said:

How many Carthage defensive linemen played at least 15 snaps that Whitehouse game ?   Chasing a scrambling Pat Mahomes wears most every pass rusher down eventually in a game, usually showing up the most in the 2nd half.   So, with 3 or 4 starting defensive linemen, if your answer is not 6 or more, then depth was an issue. 

Carthage has had six or more DL rotating and has for years.  Not saying we’re running ten different guys in there all game, but don’t act like we have four defensive linemen and that’s all, which caused “depth” issues.

Folks act like we only have 30 players or something.  

17 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I kinda have to agree with both of you. Turnovers and Mahomes. We could not get to him in the second half. The Dawgs would almost have him and boom, he throws for a touchdown. 

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage has had six or more DL rotating and has for years.  Not saying we’re running ten different guys in there all game, but don’t act like we have four defensive linemen and that’s all, which caused “depth” issues.

Folks act like we only have 30 players or something.  

I know that's the case now but i think that's bc of the lessons learned from playing and chasing Mr. Mahomes the second half. Again JMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bossman1 said:

I know that's the case now but i think that's bc of the lessons learned from playing and chasing Mr. Mahomes the second half. Again JMO

Hey, I could be incorrect and your thoughts above 100% correct.  I know our participating players numbers have always been pretty big for a school our size.  
We definitely now days have quite a number of DL subbing every game with our starters getting the bulk of the work the first two quarters.  Then giving the backups and younger guys the bulk in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Hey, chasing that Glen Rose QB was no easy task either.  What was funny is the shot of him on the bench over there after scoring a TD he looked like a full grown man and could easily grow a better beard than I can.  He was a great high school QB and athlete.  I wish he’d have been able to win a state championship last year in division 1.  But, since they were in our division I am glad we kept him from winning Glen Rose the state championship.

That has to be the best team Glen Rose has ever fielded, right, @MattStepp?

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hey, I could be incorrect and your thoughts above 100% correct.  I know our participating players numbers have always been pretty big for a school our size.  
We definitely now days have quite a number of DL subbing every game with our starters getting the bulk of the work the first two quarters.  Then giving the backups and younger guys the bulk in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Hey, chasing that Glen Rose QB was no easy task either.  What was funny is the shot of him on the bench over there after scoring a TD he looked like a full grown man and could easily grow a better beard than I can.  He was a great high school QB and athlete.  I wish he’d have been able to win a state championship last year in division 1.  But, since they were in our division I am glad we kept him from winning Glen Rose the state championship.

That has to be the best team Glen Rose has ever fielded, right, @MattStepp?

I believe so

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 6:55 AM, cotton84 said:

The 2013 team also had at least one player (McCain) that played both ways on OL & DL.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:33 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t know why that Nac team was coming off a playoff appearance and should have won the district championship that year. They were pretty good. Even had a LB that was all state that year. The Carthage game that year was a close one. We knew then how good they could be. 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 9:57 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He was a very good linemen and worth having on the field as often as possible.  Dude was fun to watch!

Was a starter on the O-line as a freshman for the 2010 state championship team…now that’s impressive!

• Like 1
  • Love 1