Aeryn Hampton transfers to Carthage

ANTI

44 minutes ago, house said:

Pretty hard to imagine someone moving to Carthage and landing a decent job unless you are hired as a teacher/coach.  Maybe you could find something in Longview or Shreveport and commute. 

Provide more job opportunity. Plants factories. Hire employees who have kids that play 😏.

9 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Guess some people just have to hire a whole new coaching staff to get kids to want to come to school there.

While I guess others have never won state with kids that were there from 7th grade up. 

• Stinks 1

6 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

I've heard Hampton and Stoker have gone back to their previous schools. Maybe I'm late to this but it has been confirmed. 

Definitely good news from the Kilgore side. Now, it's about gaining back the trust of your team and coaches. Stoker is set to be a leader on that Kilgore defense.

10 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Uhhhh, Hampton has D1 offers from the big dogs of college football, I don't think big fish in a little pond applies to him.

Ummm, yes it does.   Why would a player transfer to Carthage and then leave a few weeks later to go back to where he came from?    And don’t give me that BS about he just didn’t like it there.   He went to win and left because……..

• Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Ummm, yes it does.   Why would a player transfer to Carthage and then leave a few weeks later to go back to where he came from?    And don’t give me that BS about he just didn’t like it there.   He went to win and left because……..

Three letters.... UIL

On 3/30/2023 at 2:38 AM, SmoakyBandito said:

Tatum definitely never did.

Incorrect statement. All of the studs that won the back to back titles in Tatum all played little league football together in Tatum. They were just a few years behind me. That was indeed all homegrown talent. 

Edited by Eagle8

9 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Hampton would have been a "big fish" in Carthage as well. 

12 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

He was killing it in their workouts. He was going to be starting. No one was going to be able to cover him in that class either. Like others have said, he left because of UIL, not because he wasn't good enough. 

• Thanks 1