The greatest college football player of the 21st Century-For Every School

Sportsfanatic1

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes, and all those RB's that have come through starting in the Bud Wilkinson days.

True, but if we're drawing the line at 21st century I think we gotta look at hardware. Peterson was awesome, but left for the NFL too early. If he'd stuck around to win a Heisman I think he'd definitely be our #1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

True, but if we're drawing the line at 21st century I think we gotta look at hardware. Peterson was awesome, but left for the NFL too early. If he'd stuck around to win a Heisman I think he'd definitely be our #1. 

Kinda surprised Texas tech went with Crabtree instead of Mahomes.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

By the way he got hammered in the replies :rofl:

Oh, no doubt. These guys know what they're doing. Even if people are absolutely torching 'em in the comments/quote tweets it still makes them "relevant."

Case in point: Stephen A. Smith's entire career.  :woot:

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Kinda surprised Texas tech went with Crabtree instead of Mahomes.

If we are talking college production I’m not surprised at all. Mahomes was not really that special of a college player. At least not in comparison to how he is now. Crabtree was elite as a college player. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If we are talking college production I’m not surprised at all. Mahomes was not really that special of a college player. At least not in comparison to how he is now. Crabtree was elite as a college player. 

Oh ok that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Mahomes was not really that special of a college player. At least not in comparison to how he is now... 

Mahomes better begin his HOF speech with about ten minutes of praise for Andy Reid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Crabtree was the best player on the beat Tech team of all time.

Mahomes wasn’t that great in college either.  Had some spectacular throws, but as a team/GameChanger, he didn’t put them anywhere near the top of the b12. 

With that being said, Tech is at least 3 games worse per season without him.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:35 PM, Coach Rab said:

Mahomes wasn’t that great in college either.  Had some spectacular throws, but as a team/GameChanger, he didn’t put them anywhere near the top of the b12. 

With that being said, Tech is at least 3 games worse per season without him.

Apparently Andy Reid is a QB savant.