UPDATE: White Oak hires Michael Ludlow (Robinson)

Racer55

9 minutes ago, GigEm01 said:

Interesting.  I heard he really loves and motivates kids, but does hold them accountable.  i thought they did a lot of good things over there at Sabine.

Or at least I was told that the kids really loved him over there.

18 minutes ago, GigEm01 said:

Interesting.  I heard he really loves and motivates kids, but does hold them accountable.  i thought they did a lot of good things over there at Sabine.

Kids did love him and worked hard for him. He did great things for a not very good program in Sabine. I was just responding to someone that made it seem like the WO community doesn’t want a coach that’s going to bring in some discipline and hold them accountable. I personally think he’d be a great hire for WO. 

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Kids did love him and worked hard for him. He did great things for a not very good program in Sabine. I was just responding to someone that made it seem like the WO community doesn’t want a coach that’s going to bring in some discipline and hold them accountable. I personally think he’d be a great hire for WO. 

I'm with you now.  Well that's encouraging to hear. Glad to know some young coaches still do it right. Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like he might be the right kind of fit to turn WO back around.

2 hours ago, GigEm01 said:

I'm with you now.  Well that's encouraging to hear. Glad to know some young coaches still do it right. Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like he might be the right kind of fit to turn WO back around.

He'd definitely be a step up. 

10 hours ago, Houston veer said:

You know nothing about White Oak. And the kids are not selfish, or childish, like your comment.

That was a “tongue in cheek “ statement about today’s young parents who think their little Johnny should get all the attention and get to do what he wishes. It’s the me generation. No offense to White Oak at all.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

How when other candidates resumes are stronger? His 1 vote won't hold if the other 9 don't want him 

I would assume if Gray is leading the hiring committee that he also chose the other members of the committee.  If this is the case (may not be) then I doubt he chose members for their independent thought.......

25 minutes ago, Buckeyehorns said:

Exactly..... we can thank the head man in charge who retired as the superintendent but still being paid to be on the committee and told the board they will hire who the committee picks. Hate to say it but it's all a set up to hire his boy Adams..... get your popcorn ready 

Maybe they have a plan in place. I know there was panic in the streets over in Hendo. As long as they get the right guy, the length of time won't be a major issue, it's difficult and hard to patient, but landing the right guy is what's important. Is Adams currently on staff?