UPDATE: White Oak hires Michael Ludlow (Robinson)

Racer55

ludlow has been announced as the new coach 

Coach Michael Ludlow is an East Texas native and a graduate of Beckville High School. He received his bachelor's degree from Stephen F. Austin, where he also ran track. While at SFA, he met his wife, Jennifer. They have been married for 16 years and have 3 children. Jasen is 15 (9th Grade), Tucker is 13 (7th Grade), and Kyndal is 10. Jasen was a 2nd Team 11-4A All District QB as a Freshman this past season and also plays baseball and runs track. Tucker plays football, basketball, baseball, and plays the trumpet in the band. Kyndal is an elite track gymnast.

Michael's wife has a Composite Science certification and has most recently taught Honors Chemistry. She was also a coach until their third child. Prior to stepping away from coaching she served as a Head Girls Track Coach and assisted in Volleyball and Basketball.

Coach Ludlow will be coming to White Oak from Robinson, where he served as the Head Football Coach. He has 17 years in the education profession that, prior to Robinson, most recently included North Forney. Texas High, and Marshall as the Offensive Coordinator.

Coach Ludlow comes highly recommended from area coaches including former White Oak football coach and current Texas High football coach and A/D Gerry Stanford, as well as Carthage head football coach and A/D Scott Surratt. According to Coach Suratt, " Coach Ludlow is a great leader and role model for all age kids as well as a person of high moral character. It is without reservation that I give my highest recommendation for Coach Ludlow. Mike is someone that will make any organization that he is involved with better immediately."

White Oak ISD Board of Trustees President, Dr. David Ummel on behalf of all trustees said, "We are excited about adding Coach Ludlow to the Roughneck family. Coach brings an energy and expertise to his assignment that will effectively serve the students in our district. We look forward to him beginning his tenure and offer him our full support."

Coach Ludlow is scheduled to begin work at White Oak ISD on March 1st.

Edited by Racer55
  • Like 1

Grand Saline 5-5

Grand Saline 1-9

Robinson 3-7

I wish him well but don't understand how this is seen as an upgrade from Iske regardless of how you felt about him. In 9 years he had only 3 years worse than Ludlows best year. With all the negative I've seen about Iske being the reason WO couldn't win this is interesting. 

21 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Grand Saline 5-5

Grand Saline 1-9

Robinson 3-7

I wish him well but don't understand how this is seen as an upgrade from Iske regardless of how you felt about him. In 9 years he had only 3 years worse than Ludlows best year. With all the negative I've seen about Iske being the reason WO couldn't win this is interesting. 

need to look at years before and after him as well since he’s only been a HC 3 years. GS hasn’t been very good the last 2 decades. 

2004 (3-7) Greg Carpenter
2005 (4-7) Greg Carpenter
2006 (3-6-1) Greg Carpenter
2007 (4-7) Kenny Phelps
2008 (2-8) Kenny Phelps
2009 (2-8) Kenny Phelps
2010 (1-9) Kenny Phelps
2011 (5-5) Michael Ludlow
2012 (1-9) Michael Ludlow
2013 (0-10) Michael Ridge
2014 (0-10) 198-482 Michael Ridge 
2015 (5-6) 275-352 Michael Ridge
2016 (4-6) 361-454 Michael Ridge 
2017 (1-9) 246-435 Michael Ridge
2018 (7-4) 255-260 Michael Ridge 

Robinson has been better but in recent years they’ve struggled 

2015                   1-9-0         270-419         Tommy Allison
2016       R          9-3-0         592-489         Tommy Allison
2017                   2-8-0         276-432         Tommy Allison
2018       F--        5-6-0         295-334         Tommy Allison
2019                   5-5-0         374-288         Tommy Allison
2020                   2-8-0         128-405         Robert Rubel
2021                   2-8-0         181-369         Robert Rubel
2022                   3-7-0         207-378         Mike Ludlow

Ludlow has been on stanfords staff at Tx high, also Marshall, mesquite poteet, and north north forney. Stanford recommended him and a lot of ppl here still like him. I’ve seen a lot of ppl over the years speak highly of him. Despite his record he seems to be a good offensive minded coach that is enthusiastic and outspoken. We’ve missed coach muellers enthusiasm and stanfords as well here. Iske was quiet and didn’t make adjustments or get the kids hyped up like those others did. 

@Mavgrad98 or any marshall ppl care to chime in on Ludlow while he was there? 

Edited by Racer55

Coach Ludlow’s son jaxsen passed for 1500 yards as a freshman in a 4a district. His highlights are below. I’ve yet to hear anything negative about Ludlow, so we’re all in, and looking forward to getting things going in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Racer55 said:

need to look at years before and after him as well since he’s only been a HC 3 years. GS hasn’t been very good the last 2 decades. 

2004 (3-7) Greg Carpenter
2005 (4-7) Greg Carpenter
2006 (3-6-1) Greg Carpenter
2007 (4-7) Kenny Phelps
2008 (2-8) Kenny Phelps
2009 (2-8) Kenny Phelps
2010 (1-9) Kenny Phelps
2011 (5-5) Michael Ludlow
2012 (1-9) Michael Ludlow
2013 (0-10) Michael Ridge
2014 (0-10) 198-482 Michael Ridge 
2015 (5-6) 275-352 Michael Ridge
2016 (4-6) 361-454 Michael Ridge 
2017 (1-9) 246-435 Michael Ridge
2018 (7-4) 255-260 Michael Ridge 

Robinson has been better but in recent years they’ve struggled 

2015                   1-9-0         270-419         Tommy Allison
2016       R          9-3-0         592-489         Tommy Allison
2017                   2-8-0         276-432         Tommy Allison
2018       F--        5-6-0         295-334         Tommy Allison
2019                   5-5-0         374-288         Tommy Allison
2020                   2-8-0         128-405         Robert Rubel
2021                   2-8-0         181-369         Robert Rubel
2022                   3-7-0         207-378         Mike Ludlow

Ludlow has been on stanfords staff at Tx high, also Marshall, mesquite poteet, and north north forney. Stanford recommended him and a lot of ppl here still like him. I’ve seen a lot of ppl over the years speak highly of him. Despite his record he seems to be a good offensive minded coach that is enthusiastic and outspoken. We’ve missed coach muellers enthusiasm and stanfords as well here. Iske was quiet and didn’t make adjustments or get the kids hyped up like those others did. 

@Mavgrad98 or any marshall ppl care to chime in on Ludlow while he was there? 

Grand Saline and Robinson are going to be built a little more similar to White Oak than TX high, marshall, poteet and north forney.

Tough district that his son put up numbers in. He will help for sure. Like I said wish him well. Didn't like the Iske hate and IMO he's been replaced with someone with a lot to prove. 

22 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Grand Saline and Robinson are going to be built a little more similar to White Oak than TX high, marshall, poteet and north forney.

Tough district that his son put up numbers in. He will help for sure. Like I said wish him well. Didn't like the Iske hate and IMO he's been replaced with someone with a lot to prove. 

You’re right, although I believe he will be here longer than he was at those schools and have a chance to build something. I don’t like the coach bashing either, but at the end of the day I believe Iske is a great staff coach because of the championships in the playoffs that he was a part of, (even here) it’s just I don’t think he’s the best HC for here. We have a lot of different avenues for students now days and not many are wanting to play football here. Just found out we had over 150 students sign up for the newish culinary courses lol. Wish we can get some great numbers in football again. Over the last few years we’ve had some quit or transfer out and many want to quit, even during the season. The HC here has to walk the halls be enthusiastic and get kids to believe. Change was needed and it looks like an outside hire was the right choice although I believe he won’t be able to hire just anyone he wants on his staff. It’s a step a lot of folks believe in the right direction.

Edited by Racer55
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

When Iske retired, the article in the LNJ said it would be effective at the end of the year.  The press release for hiring Ludlow said he starts at WO on March 1.

How is that going to work as far as the AD position?  Who is in charge from March 1 on?

Racer is. 

17 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

When Iske retired, the article in the LNJ said it would be effective at the end of the year.  The press release for hiring Ludlow said he starts at WO on March 1.

How is that going to work as far as the AD position?  Who is in charge from March 1 on?

It'll probably be a transition to Ludlow, I bet Iske uses his personal days he has saved up during April and May

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1