Paris ISD

LamarCounty

What’s the deal with Paris? It feels like they have an incredibly high turnover rate when it comes to assistant football coaches. Is the pay bad? Is their too much teaching involved with the jobs? I’m curious why the turnover is so high there compared to other schools in the area

On 2/24/2023 at 12:55 PM, LamarCounty said:

What’s the deal with Paris? It feels like they have an incredibly high turnover rate when it comes to assistant football coaches. Is the pay bad? Is their too much teaching involved with the jobs? I’m curious why the turnover is so high there compared to other schools in the area

Paris ISD is among the lowest paying districts in the state and offers no increase in pay until after the 5th year of service. The PISD salary for teachers is disrespectful and insulting to the profession. 

Edited by 89Falcon

I have a friend that is a cop up in Oklahoma, but lives right outside of Paris. Just based on what she has told me, it is rough in the education world in that part of the state. Not great funding in the districts and not the best area in general from. Now she said its worse across the border by quite a bit. Oklahoma pays next to nothing, especially in the small schools.

20 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

It’s depressingly close to the Oklahoma border. 

I’ve heard Babydolls has gone to crap. 

Athletes aren’t what the gene pool says they are. 

Clickish community. 

They tore baby dolls down...sad deal really. It wasn't as good as the landing strip but it was a decent time! 

• LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

Last time I wrote something about Paris ISD it got deleted, teaching is not the issue as Paris fairs pretty well in that area. I wouldn’t even say it’s a talent issue. It’s just a small town with the good ole boy system. It’s all about who know. 

You typed a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing. And, how is that different than any other place in Texas?

I grew up 28 miles from there,went to college there and worked there for years . There are plenty of large companies there and many businesses and such,the tax base is large enough to afford the school with enough monitary funds to pay very lucrative saleries to educators if the city chose too,they don't and that's the issue..

12 hours ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

How did I say a bunch of nothing I commented on what was said above lol 

Ok. Fair Enough. But you said it. The last time you said something about Paris, it got deleted. You were trying to start something then and it got shut down. If you wanna know what the issues and challenges at Paris are, drive over to the field house and ask. I bet you would find some perspective real quick. 

5 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

Ok. Fair Enough. But you said it. The last time you said something about Paris, it got deleted. You were trying to start something then and it got shut down. If you wanna know what the issues and challenges at Paris are, drive over to the field house and ask. I bet you would find some perspective real quick. 

I wasn’t trying to start anything I was saying what everyone else in the stands is saying and I happen to drive over to that field house everyday to pick up my son who plays multiple sports for Paris. I also attended every basketball game and see what looks like most of the time coaches who are just going through the motions so what ever it is you’re tryna start with me I’m not interested. Have a good day. 

10 minutes ago, FootballKrazy10 said:

I wasn’t trying to start anything I was saying what everyone else in the stands is saying and I happen to drive over to that field house everyday to pick up my son who plays multiple sports for Paris. I also attended every basketball game and see what looks like most of the time coaches who are just going through the motions so what ever it is you’re tryna start with me I’m not interested. Have a good day. 

Ah. When you come on a public forum and start trying to say there needs to be a change (your original post that was deleted), that is the exact definition of trying to start something. "I was saying what everyone else in the stands was saying" lol - enough said. I'm glad you are a parent and not a coach, that does make this a better. But, since you do drive up to the FH and you do have something that is bothering you, why don't you just go on inside and let the coach know how you feel. Maybe there is some validity to what you are saying or what you are thinking and maybe your thoughts might help improve the situation. I don't know if that approach will help or not, but I do know that coming on here and making comments won't change one thing and it certainly doesn't have a chance to improve the situation. And I can tell you that I am not trying to start anything with you either! You also have a great day.