Are the sports we love slowly dying?

Monte1076

For me, it's football and baseball.

Apparently, there are fewer and fewer people playing football every year. And baseball is at the point where they're instituting a "pitch clock" and trying out other gimmicky things to get fans more interested in the game (and to apparently draw new interest).

I mean, maybe I'm just "old" at almost 47, but there are those in the "younger" generation who think a 1-0 baseball game is "boring". Now, don't get me wrong, a 1-0 baseball game can indeed be boring. But ask yourself how many 1-0 baseball games you've watched were compelling. It's all about offense and "pace of play" now. And I think that's causing the slow death of baseball. MLB doesn't know what fans want, and apparently a lot of fans don't either.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:17 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Millennials and Gen Z have the attention span of a gnat thanks to the libnut educational system they've been exposed to .......

Yep. There's too many so called sports. While everything doesn't have to be about football, bball, and baseball schools now often have tennis, vball, c.country, track, 7on7, weights, (the netted kickball game with ball spelled f-u-t-b-o-l )and even heard about the pickleball talks.

Edited by Doomer
Add stuff

We used to throw washers and horse shoes for as long as I can remember .... I just got back from a week down in South Louisiana at my sister's annual crawfish/shrimp/oysters/BBQ and golf tournament "free for all" ...  low and behold, the washers and horse shoes have been replaced with some sissy bean bag toss game ...

What in the wide world of sports is the world coming to? ....^^$@$%^!!@!!! ....

On 4/20/2023 at 11:29 AM, KirtFalcon said:

We used to throw washers and horse shoes for as long as I can remember .... I just got back from a week down in South Louisiana at my sister's annual crawfish/shrimp/oysters/BBQ and golf tournament "free for all" ...  low and behold, the washers and horse shoes have been replaced with some sissy bean bag toss game ...

What in the wide world of sports is the world coming to? ....^^$@$%^!!@!!! ....

Stinkin cornhole and pickleball era. Don't even try to sell boys like Kirt and me thems sports either.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1