THE OFFICIAL SDC GIRLS STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD

RETIREDFAN1

14 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Holliday wins 59-40 and advances to their first SC game in school history.  Intriguing matchup with Fairfield.

I honestly don't think Holliday will be able to withstand Fairfield overall team speed and defense. I think the state title game was Fairfield vs Winny. If Brisco for holliday was as big (not tall) as acker down low it would be a problem but the brackens girls will be able to push her around unlike acker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

I honestly don't think Holliday will be able to withstand Fairfield overall team speed and defense. I think the state title game was Fairfield vs Winny. If Brisco for holliday was as big (not tall) as acker down low it would be a problem but the brackens girls will be able to push her around unlike acker.

100%

8 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Holliday has a taller front court than Winnsboro so the Fairfield pressure may not be as impactful.  Key word is may.  Plus if they pull Brisco up to mid court to break the press and she gets the ball, she is subject to take it to the basket from mid-court.  Acker didn’t do that.  Also, I’m not sure which game you watched, but neither Bracken’s girls really gave a rip about playing defense inside.  Sure they blocked shots from 3 point attempts, but they wanted no part of defending Acker in the paint.   Tomorrow won’t be any different.  Brisco will score plenty.

17 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Holliday has a taller front court than Winnsboro so the Fairfield pressure may not be as impactful.  Key word is may.  Plus if they pull Brisco up to mid court to break the press and she gets the ball, she is subject to take it to the basket from mid-court.  Acker didn’t do that.  Also, I’m not sure which game you watched, but neither Bracken’s girls really gave a rip about playing defense inside.  Sure they blocked shots from 3 point attempts, but they wanted no part of defending Acker in the paint.   Tomorrow won’t be any different.  Brisco will score plenty.

Exactly they didn’t want acker she is a lot bigger and stronger than Briscoe. I said the brackens girls will be able to push Briscoe around unlike acker!!

17 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I don’t think you can read with how you ended your statement read what I actually said smh 🤦‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Huckabay just scored 6 points in the second half lol

nazareth wins 25th title 

The goal on screen right must be an inch too high or an inch too low!  Both teams struggled to make a basket when they had that goal.  Crazy stuff.  Credit Nazareth for keeping their composure and finishing like a champion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

I don’t think you can read with how you ended your statement read what I actually said smh 🤦‍♂️ 

LOL.  Why do you think they will all of the sudden decide the bang around inside this morning against Brisco?  You either play physical inside or you don’t.  The opponent shouldn’t matter.

44 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

LOL.  Why do you think they will all of the sudden decide the bang around inside this morning against Brisco?  You either play physical inside or you don’t.  The opponent shouldn’t matter.

She is smaller she isn’t a big boned girl like acker that’s why they will bang bc she is a rail not a bear!

46 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s like playing KD instead of Shaq if you need more elaboration. Acker is Shaq and Briscoe is KD. KD will still score but it won’t be the rebound crazy of playing Shaq (acker)

54 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Already have more points then last game lol

Edited by Allheartnoquit

3 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

It’s like playing KD instead of Shaq if you need more elaboration. Acker is Shaq and Briscoe is KD. KD will still score but it won’t be the rebound crazy of playing Shaq (acker)

I get all you are saying.  But what you are not getting is neither of these Bracken’s girls want to play against a Center or Power Forward in half court defense.  They want to be outside so they can get it on the expected fast break scoring opportunities.  It’s just who Fairfield is and how they play.  It’s worked up until now.  We will see if they can win another playing like that.