THE OFFICIAL SDC GIRLS STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD

RETIREDFAN1

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Holliday up 28-20 at the half over Fairfield.  Solid half for Holliday in their first appearance in the title game.  Expect heavy pressure from Fairfield out the half to try and regain momentum and cut into the lead. About to see if Holliday is for real!

First Q Holliday 

second Q fairfield

if Fairfield has two more Q like the 2nd Q they will beat Holliday. 

idk what happen in first Q bc NFHS sucks

7 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

First Q Holliday 

second Q fairfield

if Fairfield has two more Q like the 2nd Q they will beat Holliday. 

idk what happen in first Q bc NFHS sucks

I’m with you watching on NFHS.  I’d say Fairfield had a cover over their basket and Holliday didn’t.  😁

9 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Another Q goes to Fairfield. They took the early 12 Margin to 8 now 5 so here we go in the 4th

Playing like the defending champs for sure.  Great game!  This is the way it should be in the championship game.  Holliday up 45-44 2:49 left.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:13 AM, Allheartnoquit said:

I honestly don't think Holliday will be able to withstand Fairfield overall team speed and defense. I think the state title game was Fairfield vs Winny. If Brisco for holliday was as big (not tall) as acker down low it would be a problem but the brackens girls will be able to push her around unlike acker.

Bristow was the MVP, but #10 for Holliday deserves big props too.  She was very physical inside, knocked down a few layups, and got some key defensive rebounds.  Holliday’s starting five was solid across the board.  All seniors too and it showed.

I never got on here during the tournament. I just have to say how proud i am of the Lady Raiders. Obviously a disappointing end to the season but there should be no hanging of their heads. They fought through alot of adversity this year and kept working and returned to the Final Four. Those 5 seniors are so special and will be very hard to replace but i know the other girls will get back to work and have a burning desire to make another run next year. Hats off to Holliday and FF, that final was a great game. What a run for the elder Brackens girls the last 4 years. No question they have generational talent and will continue at the next level. Just as our Lady Raiders will look different next year, so too will the Lady Eagles but i know they will be wanting to return to the mountain top as well next year. Already looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:14 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

@chevyman and @blesseddailyhow do you see the Winnsboro vs Fairfield game playing out tomorrow?  What do the Lady Raiders have to do to beat the defending champs?

Sorry friend i never got on here during the tournament. I thought we had a great strategy and did exactly what we needed to do to have the best chance to win. Kudos to the role players for FF, they made some big shots and then they ratcheted up their pressure when it counted the most. We just didnt make the plays down the stretch and you know that is just how it goes sometimes. Still very proud. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

58-47 final.  Holliday played an unbelievable game to get their 1st title!  Fairfield played like champions in the 2nd half, fought back, and took the lead at one point.  But Holliday was the real deal.  Great game!

I stayed and watched the game and i thought Holliday just outplayed FF. Also FF looked like they had tired legs for the majority of the game especially in the first half when they shot 4-26. Kudos to them for fighting back in the 4th on the shoulders of McKinna while Shadasia was on the bench with 4 fouls. After taking a 44-43 lead, FF started to make several turnovers and it ultimately led to Holliday finishing the game on a 15-3 run. The biggest difference to me was the lack of production from the role players compared to the Winny game as McKinna and Shadasia combined for 42 of the 47 with only one other girl scoring. Credit to Holliday for some outstanding defense and just a never die attitude. 

• Like 2